StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New Top Ranking G5-SCORE<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
deprez
60 posts
msg #28678
Ignore deprez
9/18/2003 11:37:42 PM

Holy Grail Grand Slam
Scores Highest G5-SCORE[ 6.9% ]

Fetcher[
Show stocks where volume gained more than 500 percent over the last 1 day and Average Volume(5) is above 50000 and close is between 0.01 and 1.0 and the rsi(2) is below 5
]

The G5-SCORE is the average gain
within a period of 5 days over the last 120 days.

Geodepe

todddunning
31 posts
msg #28693
Ignore todddunning
9/19/2003 4:23:58 PM

Very good work Geodepe. Wondered what you were up to with your "3 times" filter question on the Yahoo board. I will be following this one closely. Thanks again for a cool contribution.

deprez
60 posts
msg #28697
Ignore deprez
9/19/2003 6:21:48 PM

Anonymous Filter
Scores Highest G5-SCORE[ 9.75% ]

Fetcher[
show stocks where ma(4) crossed over ma(9) from below 1 day ago and price greater than 1 day ago and price between 1 and 5 and volume between 250000 and 500000 and volume greater than than 1 day ago and VWMACD Fast Line(12,26,9) crossed above VWMACD Slow Line(12,26,9) within last 4 days and price less than 3% greater than 5 days ago and lower bollinger(10) less than 5% greater than lower bollinger(20)
]

Geodepe

deprez
60 posts
msg #28698
Ignore deprez
9/19/2003 6:23:42 PM

todddunning,

You are welcome.
We needed something like this.
I merely filled the need.

Geodepe

jim_c_hill
61 posts
msg #28703
Ignore jim_c_hill
9/19/2003 9:46:04 PM

Geodpe
Thanks for your work on comparing filter.
I am noting that the filters that are long, with many variables, often only provide stocks every few days or even longer. I suspect these types of filters may make it tough for most traders to follow-impatience. You might have a factor in assessment that relates to trading frequency or number of stocks returned. Filters returning one or two stocks at time can be dangerous.
Jim

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28709
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/20/2003 9:19:54 AM

I'm with Hill.
Filters that don't return at least 5 hits most of the time and at least 3 hits every now and then should not even be listed because they are at best worthless and at worst dangerous.

I am starting 3 new Filter/Trading systems this Monday.
That will make a total of 8 systems running daily.
The advantage my public paper trades have is that you can see all the stocks traded as they are traded.

http://www.koliga.com/forum/index.php?c=5

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28710
Ignore txtrapper
9/20/2003 9:42:55 AM

Ok Joe and Jim does that mean the "Holygrail Gran Slam" is condidered dangerous in your opinion, it only returned two stocks today, Saturday, 9/20/2003. GBV and DCEG...you might make a note of that deprez your system may be worthless or at worst dangerous for SF's to use these filters and rely on their results. The way it's presented, it made many SF's beleive these filters are the best of the best. But, in reality, I think it's just a clever way of getting SF's to reveal their secret filters!

tx

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28711
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/20/2003 10:44:06 AM

No, you can use them if you like. I never do because I like buying baskets of 5 or 6 in order to protect myself.

I will bet you though that these filters that only hit once in a blue moon will skew the results in an unreliable way. It matters not to me because I don't plan to submit any of mine, but all of my filters do give plenty of hits.

This is a very good thing to have though because if folks keep track of the winners and losers they will see how filter performance varies with the market.
That makes G5 a great tool to measure filters.

I don't get too excited over this or that filter, preferring the entire trading system instead. That is a bit more difficult to measure but is probably more important than just going with one or two filters.
http://www.koliga.com/forum/index.php?c=5

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28712
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/20/2003 11:35:24 AM

Paper trading is very misleading, IMHO:

1) You don't get partial fills in paper trading.

2) Your order doesn't get skipped entirely in paper trading.

3) Your palms don't sweat, your heart doesn't pound and your hand doesn't shake.

4) Hesitation doesn't cost you in paper trading.

5) Computers, systems, phones, and utilities don't malfunction in paper trading.

<COS>

I like this filter rating site.

I have a suggestion. Please include what I call the "Profit Potential (PP)" when ranking filters. The calculation is:

PP = (HIGH - LOSS -.02) + (CLOSE - LOW - .02)

This assumes you buy on the ask and sell at the bid, hence the -.02.

A stock may close down one cent and with your rating system it shows that as a loss. However a daytrader may have scalped the stock for a profit once or more during the day. Showing the Profit Potential gives another indication of the filter's performance - the one that matters to most active traders.

Thanks for the site.

Keep up the good work!

makeroftrades
29 posts
msg #28713
Ignore makeroftrades
9/20/2003 11:42:54 AM

9/19/2003 6:21:48 PM

Anonymous Filter
Scores Highest G5-SCORE[ 9.75% ]

Fetcher[
show stocks where ma(4) crossed over ma(9) from below 1 day ago and price greater than 1 day ago and price between 1 and 5 and volume between 250000 and 500000 and volume greater than than 1 day ago and VWMACD Fast Line(12,26,9) crossed above VWMACD Slow Line(12,26,9) within last 4 days and price less than 3% greater than 5 days ago and lower bollinger(10) less than 5% greater than lower bollinger(20)
]

Geodepe

HEY NOTHING SHOWS UP WHEN I USE IT IS THIS A JOKE , SERIOUS WHATS WRONG WITH IT

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New Top Ranking G5-SCORE<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.