StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New format<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up
dwiggains
441 posts
msg #61293
Ignore dwiggains
4/10/2008 1:39:19 PM

I do not like the new format to create a new filter. The old way is better.
Anyone else.????
See ya
David

Swiftj
20 posts
msg #61294
Ignore Swiftj
4/10/2008 1:43:55 PM

I agree. I liked the old format. There are some new features with the new format, however. They may prove valuable.

traderblues
195 posts
msg #61295
Ignore traderblues
4/10/2008 1:56:03 PM

I don't see any difference in the way we create new filters. Maybe they listened and put it back the way it was already?

But I do like some of the new features. Good job, Stockfetcher!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #61296
Ignore nikoschopen
4/10/2008 2:23:15 PM

I must admit that these are nice visual enhancements but I wish SF would extend the the same features in our filters. For example, the pie chart below shows the sector ranking. Why can't we be able to manually screen for the best performing sector?

traderblues
195 posts
msg #61311
Ignore traderblues
4/10/2008 5:11:36 PM

No more "Calculate" button after the market close? Just checking. I found where we can update all filters on the fly.

tomb
267 posts
msg #61315
Ignore tomb
4/10/2008 5:49:46 PM

Hi,

I see everyone has noticed the new format! Please don't hesitate to let us know what you think or if you have any questions. As with any changes, we always expect some quirks and bugs, but we are definitely working through them as fast as we can!

Concerning, the best/worst performing sectors/industries, you are right that having this as a filter construct would be very useful. While we will post an official announcement on this after testing, below are some new phrases that may help:

Fetcher[
/* top 2 performing sectors for today */
Show stocks in top sectors(2,daily)
and close is above 5.00
and average volume(30) is above 250000
and add column sector
]

Fetcher[
/* bottom 10 industries over the last week */
show stocks in bottom industries(10,weekly)
and close is above 5.00
and average volume(30) is above 250000
and add column industry
and add column sector
]

In the above you'll notice "daily" and "weeky", other valid periods right now are "monthly" and "yearly". Also, please note that at this time, this is not a "historical" measure (i.e. the values will be the same if you use "date offset".)

As always let us know if you have any questions!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

sujones
6 posts
msg #61317
Ignore sujones
4/10/2008 6:11:29 PM

When I check a scan from the past (say back 20 days), I get a stock list. When I click on a stock I do not get a chart with the historical signal arrows and past performance of the scan on that stock. This is a big loss because I can no longer see how well the scan worked with the stock.

The only solution is to write down the symbols and do multiple clicks to get to my scan and enter the ticker inside a scan performance chart.

Seems like this will slow me and stockfetcher down with more clicks.

jamal77
1 posts
msg #61318
Ignore jamal77
4/10/2008 6:51:54 PM

What happened to the get flash link on the bottom of the charts?

moby
314 posts
msg #61319
Ignore moby
4/10/2008 6:59:26 PM

Hi,
I think this new format should be offered as a beta ......I don't use the other beta either.....the old format is a work of art.....this new version is slower....also I can't find the "show 3 months ago feature", where I could offset as many days as I wanted to....also I cannot find the "how to screen the scanned results from 2 days ago" ( I believe I found that in the watch list section)....Please give us an option to use the old format.

rydeen
4 posts
msg #61321
Ignore rydeen
4/10/2008 7:24:55 PM

Please make the old format available again. I cannot see results on my pocket PC device(flash limited). New format is nice but allow us to choose so we can still use your service.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New format<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.