StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New to trading and stockfetcher<< >>Post Follow-up
Danklsr@optonline.net
2 posts
msg #57648
Ignore Danklsr@optonline.net
12/5/2007 7:43:48 PM

Can anyone help me get a filter started. I would just like to start and maybe make a few bucks. I tried rule 1 investing, but they seem to be few and far between. I like the 13/50 crossover, but most of them seem oversold, or close to oversold. Any help getting me started would be appreciated. Maybe someone knows a rule 1 filter?
If not, anything that seems to be just beginning to trend up would be nice.
Thanks....

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57652
Ignore nikoschopen
12/5/2007 9:13:47 PM

Welcome aboard. Everyone here was a "newbie" at one point or another, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Moreover, there are countless number of filters, good and bad, scattered all around this forum. Take the time to review and perhaps backtest them.

In the meantime, ure existing filter could be improved by embellishing it with a few more whistles and bells.

Fetcher[
EMA(13) above EMA(50)
and EMA(4) crossed above EMA(6)
20 day slope of EMA(50) above 0
price above 20
and average volume above 300000
]

By adding the line "date offset 3", we can actually see how the stocks performed for the next 3 days since they were fetched. You can change the number from 3 to any other number as you please.

Fetcher[
date offset 3
EMA(13) above EMA(50)
and EMA(4) crossed above EMA(6)
20 day slope of EMA(50) above 0
price above 20
and average volume above 300000
]

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #57659
Ignore davesaint86
12/5/2007 10:55:17 PM

Niko - I have question. I added you filter to my list (one with the offset) and ran it and the Performance does not show up when I ran it from my list. Performance shows up if I run your filter on the web. Do I have to set something up in my SF settings in order to see the Performance column if I add offsets to my filters?

Thanks - Dave

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #57662
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/6/2007 12:37:30 AM

Welcome to the jungle!

Check out my BASIC FILTER FOR NEWBIES... most of what you are probably looking for is in there.

Then see my TRO STAT SCAN and FADE THE GAP STATISTICS when you're ready to start making money.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57671
Ignore nikoschopen
12/6/2007 1:49:00 AM

Dave,

There's a small disclaimer at the bottom of the filter page that reads:

Note: Any 'date offset' phrases are ignored inside saved filters. (why is this?)

However, you can run the filter manually by clicking on the "edit" link from the filter list and then press "view screen" button at the bottom.

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #57688
Ignore davesaint86
12/6/2007 10:12:03 AM

Thank you Niko.

Dave

Danklsr@optonline.net
2 posts
msg #57717
Ignore Danklsr@optonline.net
12/6/2007 9:29:59 PM

Thank-you... Thats a start.

rkonst
1 posts
msg #57724
Ignore rkonst
12/6/2007 10:47:51 PM

Any Volume Spread Analysis traders on this site (e.g., Tradeguider)?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New to trading and stockfetcher<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.