StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Next level of backtesting - ninjatrader or tradestation or ?<< >>Post Follow-up
cunparis
71 posts
msg #65802
Ignore cunparis
8/4/2008 3:43:58 PM

I'd like to do some more complicated backtesting than what Stockfetcher does. I've tried Ninjatrader and found it a bit cumbersome. I'm wondering if tradestation is better. What do people here use?

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #65822
Ignore stocktrader
8/5/2008 12:54:43 AM

SF does very complicated backtesting, using Excel.....

Set up the Extra Indicators and Advanced Options to do and give you what you want in raw numbers and Excel does the rest using IF...THEN statements, etc.

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #65827
Ignore SFMc01
8/5/2008 7:19:37 AM

Regarding TradeStation: Using the specific stocks selected by StockFetcher, I find that simulating actual trades on the dates specified for the trade by StockFetcher and using the exact strategy I would use on TradeStation, to be the best I can do for determining the results I might expect. Laborious, but, there does not seem to be any substitute for hard work.

cunparis
71 posts
msg #65833
Ignore cunparis
8/5/2008 2:48:03 PM

I should have been more specific. Stockfetcher is great but it is an EOD-based system. I'd like to be able to make more decisions intra-day. For one I'd like to calculate a stop based on recent high/lows for example.

And I'd like to be able to automate the trading.

It seems tradestation is the best. I don't know the software so I can only compare it to Ninjatrader which I don't know well but I'm learning. I assume if TRO and some others use tradestation it must be really good.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Next level of backtesting - ninjatrader or tradestation or ?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.