StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Oil is Ready to Launch<< >>Post Follow-up
johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #59803
Ignore johnpaulca
2/19/2008 9:48:15 PM

Trendwatch:

Oil is making another run at the century mark, and the third time may be the charm. Supplies are still rather tight and worldwide demand is not slowing. While OPEC can talk down prices as much as they desire, there really is no control over demand. Some out there see $100 oil as a cap, but I can't see anything slowing down the price. Strong demand for gasoline will start to exert itself into the summer driving season. In 2007, the same arguments for lower oil were cited: increased supplies, high gas prices to deter driving, alternative fuels, hybrid vehicles...yet oil rose 50%! There is no denying the American insatiable appetite for oil....not just for their cars. What's next? I would be surprised if the next move for oil (next four months) stopped short at $125....unfathomable, I'm sure....but wasn't $100 oil just a pipedream three years ago? So, what works with higher oil? I like the integrateds, drillers and refiners...namely SUN, SU, RIG, NOV, OIH, VLO and TSO. Also, commodity stocks are likely to outperform, including the fertilizer names...such as POT, MOS, MON, AGU and CF.

zeezeetop
30 posts
msg #60353
Ignore zeezeetop
3/10/2008 11:24:20 PM

Hats off!

mb504
29 posts
msg #60583
Ignore mb504
3/17/2008 7:10:32 PM

A bit of HISTORY: In relation to Oil as of (3/17)...

Exxon tumbled -46,86%.. beginning in April 1973 (year of the fuel crisis)...
The DOW started its tumble in January 1973... EXXON followed (4) months later....

I am banking on history repeating itself... And the OIL THIEVES don't want to kill the GOOSE, they just want to ROB IT!!!!! And I think they have bled it enough....

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #60587
Ignore johnpaulca
3/18/2008 12:08:32 AM

If we head into a recession energy stocks should get a nice haircut.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Oil is Ready to Launch<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.