StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Problems with Prophet.net<< >>Post Follow-up
tmh111
4 posts
msg #53540
Ignore tmh111
modified
7/27/2007 1:25:29 AM

Anybody else use Prophet.net and having problems with the real time data suddenly not being real time? It's happen twice to me this week. I trade using Scottrade, and of course, their charts are not adequate. I've been using Prophet.net for a couple of years with no problems until recently. Is there a more reliable real time quote/chart service? thanks...

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53553
Ignore karennma
7/27/2007 8:58:24 AM

Their option prices and volume info. were screwed up bigtime yesterday.
I didn't bother calling PNet support ... not worth the bother.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53554
Ignore karennma
7/27/2007 8:59:41 AM

BTW,
Just to give PNet the benefit of the doubt, ...
I must admit, yesterday was the first time that had ever happened to me. And I've had their service for years.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53557
Ignore nikoschopen
7/27/2007 9:20:26 AM

I recommend that you look into QuoteTracker, which allows you to link the datafeed from both Prophet.net and Scottrade. What this means is that should one fail like in the case of Prophet (Prophet sent me an email blaming that it was the fault of their data provider, whatever that means) you can easily link to the other to fill the gap. You can also use two at the same time, should you wish. Currently I'm running feeds from both Interactive Brokers and Prophet with Ameritrade as a backup.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Problems with Prophet.net<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.