StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Roller Coaster filter<< >>Post Follow-up
bpmiller1
26 posts
msg #70672
Ignore bpmiller1
modified
1/13/2009 10:51:12 PM

Anyone know of a filter that finds stocks that fluctuate up and down 2 or more times a day giving it the roller coaster chart look?
Id like one where the price changes $1 or more several times daily. Right now i seek them out for scalps Long up/ short down but dont always find them. When i do find one I can go to Ameritrade site where they have a tool called "Pattern matcher " that works OK, in fact I opened a small account just to use that feature, but I cant always find that "sine wave" pattern I look for. So Im asking because maybe one of you guys figured one out already.. Thanks

miketranz
956 posts
msg #70673
Ignore miketranz
1/14/2009 12:07:56 AM

I don't know of a filter,but you might want to look at higher priced Nasdaq stocks.They tend to be more volatile than listed stocks.Look for stocks that have the longest day range.Thats a good start to find what you're looking for.Next thing you can do is pull up a 10 day/15min chart.Thats where you can narrow down your selection,to actually see how the stock moves intra day...

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #70679
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/14/2009 9:13:07 AM

At this time, SF can NOT do that.

epoch
12 posts
msg #70680
Ignore epoch
1/14/2009 9:13:53 AM

bpmiller

I agree with miketranz, higher priced stocks can have multiple large intra day swings....MA, FSLR, SKF, BLK,BIDU are some I trade intra day to catch these swings. I try to catch them as they come out of oversold territory.

bpmiller1
26 posts
msg #70726
Ignore bpmiller1
modified
1/16/2009 12:30:10 AM

Thanks for for feedback . I do follow those expensive stocks and youre right they do set up nicer but their ability to turn on you in a big way makes them a little scary. Ive lost mucho dinero on all stocks mentioned ,but catch them on the right day ,make a weeks pay. Sometimes Ill find a stock like CAT or COH with that pattern i like and have to tell you the Ameritrade
"Pattern Matcher" will find all kinds of weird stocks even under a dollar that kind of match . I think you can open a $100. account to use it. Its a cool tool for the arsenal, check it out.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Roller Coaster filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.