StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · S/R<< >>Post Follow-up
donblack32
17 posts
msg #27889
Ignore donblack32
8/17/2003 10:21:28 AM

Does anyone have ideas on the best tool to use to establish support and resistance. I have heard of using bollinger bands, moving averages and fibonacci. Also, I have heard of building your own horizontally and building them using trendlines (which, of course, probably would not be horizontal).
If you have had success at using S/R please share.

Thank you

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #27890
Ignore txtrapper
8/17/2003 11:00:18 AM

For actual support & resistance numbers I use this:

Example: TWI..Titan International, Inc.

[http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/wizards/srwhistory.asp?Symbol=TWI]

txtrapper

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #27891
Ignore txtrapper
8/17/2003 11:03:39 AM

Leave off the [ ]

copy and paste this:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/research/wizards/srwhistory.asp?Symbol=TWI

donblack32
17 posts
msg #27895
Ignore donblack32
8/17/2003 4:37:38 PM

TXTRAPPER<
I gather from your referral that its the 50 and 200 day m.a. that you have been using. Thanks for the help. Its greatly appreciated.

AntNet
36 posts
msg #27899
Ignore AntNet
8/17/2003 7:24:04 PM

donblack32,

If you (on anyone) would like information on a commercially available S/R educational program, that I personally feel is one of the best to not only learn about Support and Resistance but also the practical ways to apply them successfully in your everyday trading, let me know by message to blbant at hotmail dot com.

Because it is a commercial product, I feel it's improper to post the information on anothers forum. Sorry to cause the extra step, but I don't agree with the practice of promoting things to forums and discussion groups.

Bert.

marauder
6 posts
msg #27900
Ignore marauder
8/17/2003 7:44:04 PM

Support/resistance lines generated from price action can also be found at www.StockConsultant.com, which includes a detailed description of all areas of support and resistance for the last 6 months.

AntNet
36 posts
msg #27916
Ignore AntNet
8/19/2003 4:08:40 PM

Don (et all),
Here's a very simple but effective crossover I derived from the info in the course I told you about:

Fetcher [Price above 0.25 and Price below 2.50 and
Average Volume(20) above 35000 and Volume above 50000 and
MA(49) crossed above DMA(25,5) within the last 3 days
and MA(49) is above DMA(25,5)
and High is above MA(49)
and Low is below DMA(25,5)]

Works quite well when the major markets are above the MA & DMA specified.
Rules for entry, exit, stops and targets are all discussed in the materials.

Bert.

PS
Anyone interested in the S/R source info, see my earlier post in this thread.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · S/R<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.