StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Secret Colorado Oil Discovery<< >>Post Follow-up
shaikhhali
42 posts
msg #52177
Ignore shaikhhali
6/12/2007 7:30:47 AM

What do you thing if this article which was distributed by Zacks Investment Research?

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains
lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world — more than
2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush
mandated its extraction. Three companies have been chosen
to lead the way. Test drilling has already begun...

Northwestern Colorado. August 2005.

The U.S. Energy Department announces the results of a land survey...

It was conducted to determine the official amount of oil a thousand feet deep in the Rocky Mountains...

They reported this stunning news:

We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.

Here are the official estimates:

• 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
• 18-times as much oil as Iraq
• 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
• 22-times as much oil as Iran
• 500-times as much oil as Yemen

...And it's all right here in the Western United States.

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says, "We've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East."

More than 2 TRILLION barrels. Untapped.

"That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today," reports The Denver Post.

When asked about America's least-publicized oil supply, Utah Senator Orrin Hatch said:

"The amounts of oil are staggering. Who would have guessed that in just Colorado and Utah, there is more recoverable oil than in the Middle East?"

Here's the kicker...

The U.S. government already owns the land. It's been right there under our noses the whole time.

In fact, the government's appointed a small group of companies to lead the way to the oil.

Test drilling has already begun.

And the profit forecasts are ridiculous. According to the RAND Corporation (a public-policy think tank for the government), this small region could produce:

Three million barrels of oil per day... That translates into more than $20 BILLION a year.

These are the conservative estimates. The U.S. Energy Dept. estimates an eventual output of 10 million barrels of oil per day. At that rate, the money flow would be even greater.

I've written this letter to tell you everything I've learned about this rarely publicized oil reserve... who's drilling it... and how to get a piece of the world's biggest, untapped oil supply — before it's too late.

Here's the full story...

The Next American Oil Boom

While you almost never hear anything about it in the mainstream press, I've been researching the details of America's biggest oil deposit for the past 18 months, for my monthly investment research advisory, called The S&A Oil Report.

The facts I uncovered during my investigation are nothing short of amazing...

Today, this resource sits idle — untapped — inside more than 16,000 square miles of rock and sand.

Geologists call what lies in this region, oil shale.

What is oil shale?

At first glance, oil shale looks like an ordinary black rock.

It feels grainy to the touch and... greasy. You see, what's inside oil shale has huge governments, Big Oil, venture capitalists, and even everyday investors scrambling to stake a claim.

Oil shale — when heated — oozes bubbling crude.

This precious resource is rare — found only in a few select countries. Places like China, Brazil, Estonia, Morocco, and Australia.

But the real story is how much untapped oil shale lies beneath U.S. soil. As the chart to the right indicates, there's 4-times more oil shale in the U.S. than in all other countries combined.

Over the past 125 years, oil shale has been the secret oil source for a handful of nations. Specifically, those fortunate enough to have it...

• China's been using oil shale since 1929. Today, China is the largest producer of oil from oil shale. It plans to double the daily rate of production soon.
• Estonia is an oil shale dependent economy. Over 90% of the country's electricity is fueled by shale oil. In fact, electricity run on oil shale is a chief export.
• In 1991, Brazil built the world's largest oil shale facility. They've already produced more than 1.5 MILLION tons of oil to make high quality transportation fuels.
• Jordan, Morocco, and Australia have recently announced plans to utilize their oil shale resources. All 3 governments are currently working to build oil shale facilities.

But all these countries' oil shale resources pale in comparison to the U.S. supply. As you can see from the table to the right, the United States dominates the oil shale market — with over 72% of the world's oil shale resources.

Our gargantuan supply of oil lies beneath an area called the Green River Formation — a barren stretch of land covering portions of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming.

World-renowned geologist Walter Youngquist calls the oil beneath the Green River Formation, "a national treasure."

Congress calls this area simply, "the next Saudi Arabia."

It's easy to see why...

This region holds the largest known oil reserve on the planet...

Colorado's Oil Lands —
Restricted for 76 Years,
Now Open for Drilling

There are over 16,000 square miles of oil shale in the Green River formation...

The most abundant areas hold up to 2 million barrels of oil per acre — it's the most concentrated energy source on earth, according to the Energy Department.

The federal government owns 80% of this oil-rich land.

In fact, the government placed protective legislation on this land in 1930, forbidding anyone to touch it.

You see, the government always knew this land was saturated with oil — but getting it out has always been expensive.

Buying oil from foreign countries was always the cheaper bet. It has been for the past 80 years.

Wisely, the government kept the land around for a "rainy day," protecting it with 1930s legislation.

I'm sure you're aware of today's situation at the gas pump. Buying oil from foreign countries has gotten out of hand. The price of oil is sky-high. It's way too expensive to keep buying foreign oil.

In other words, the "rainy day" has finally arrived.

The timing couldn't be more perfect. Oil shale technologies have begun to advance – drastically.

Companies are coming up with ways to extract oil from the Green River Formation very cheaply.

For example, one Utah-based company says it can extract the oil for as little as $10 a barrel. In fact, dozens of companies have stepped forward with similar claims. With oil prices starting to skyrocket again – these are pretty significant breakthroughs.

That's all the government needed to hear. On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into law a new energy mandate.

This mandate is called The Energy Policy Act of 2005. It calls for the opening phases of oil extraction in the Green River Formation – the world's most concentrated energy source.

We're finally ready to tap the largest oil reserve on the planet...

"The United States Could become ‘The New Middle East'"

~ U.S. Energy Department Survey

If you want to get in on the American oil shale boom, here's what you need to know...

The New Middle East

It can be difficult to imagine such massive amounts of oil. Below, I've included a page of the Energy Department's classified report. It puts into perspective how much recoverable oil we have — and the kind of money that will be made...

There's so much oil in this region the Energy Dept. thinks we could become the world's leading oil producer.

This reserve is so big it's projected to last for 500 years, according to some estimates.

You could even add together all the oil in the Middle East—and our reserves would still come out on top — 3-TIMES LARGER.

That's a lot of oil.

Of the 2 trillion barrels of proven oil in the Green River Formation — between 800 billion and 1.2 trillion barrels are recoverable.

That's the amount of oil we can actually get out and use.

Extracting this much domestic oil is very attractive to the government, especially in today's politically unstable global environment.

It's estimated that tapping U.S. oil shale would decrease domestic oil prices by as much as five percent a year.

That may not sound like much, but consider that a 5% drop in oil prices would save Americans $15 - $20 BILLION a year at the gas pumps.

That's why on August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into law The Energy Policy Act of 2005.

This historic legislation officially opens up the Green River Formation to a handful of drilling companies.

Already, the government has awarded three companies 160 acres of land apiece, to test their oil shale drilling methods for commercial production.

According to the Bureau of Land Management (the department responsible for allocating the land):

"The initial term of the leases is 10 years with the option of extending the leases up to five
years with proof of diligent pursuit of commercial production levels. The leases also contain a preferential right to convert the acreage plus adjacent acreage up to 4,960 acres to a 20-year commercial lease once commercial production
levels have been achieved and all requirements
have been met."

In other words, any company showing they can get the oil out cheaply and safely, could get a 20-year commercial lease on the 2 trillion barrel oil field.

From the three companies chosen, I think only one company's drilling technology will meet the government's strict shale development standards – and go on to develop oil shale on a commercial level.

This company would be responsible for launching America's first commercial oil shale operation and production "...Leading the way to more than two trillion barrels of oil shale deposits in the Green River Formation," writes the U.S. Federal News Service.

I'll not only tell you who I think this company will be... I've found several more ways you can make money from this situation.

How much can you expect to make?

You might be stunned when you see the numbers...

U.S. Oil Shale Could
Make You $551,900 in
the Next Few Years

You may be aware of a similar situation going on, right now in the oil business, in an area called the Alberta Oil Sands.

This region in Northern Canada holds billions of barrels of oil – which also happen to be locked inside large amounts of sand and rock.

Why am I telling you this?

Because in their recent analysis of the Green River Formation, the Energy Department wrote that the opportunity to make money in U.S. oil shale is "Comparable to Alberta, Canada Oil Sands."

If you know anything about Canadian oil sands, you know for the past 5 years they've been moneymaking machines.

Here are a few examples:

• A Canadian oil sands company called Western Oil Sands has gone up as high as 1,564% in the last 5 years.
• Another Canadian oil sands company called Suncor Energy has taken off 2,390% since the late 1990s.
• Canadian Oil Sands Trust has returned a solid 1,605% since 1998.

A $10,000 investment in each of these leading oil sands companies in the late 1990s would now be worth more than $551,900.

Incredibly, even more money stands to be made with U.S. oil shale — at least 3-times more, by my calculations.

How do I know?

Just look at the numbers:

Fact #1 – U.S. oil shale is 2-times as dense as Canadian oil sands: It takes 2 tons of Canadian oil sand to produce one barrel of oil. It takes only half as much oil shale to generate a barrel of oil. There's simply more oil in oil shale.

Fact #2 – The U.S. has larger oil resources: There's 11-times more oil in the U.S. than there is in Alberta, Canada. See for yourself in the chart below.

Remember, U.S. oil shale is still untapped. A bigger supply of oil means longer lasting resources – and potentially, longer lasting opportunities to make money.

It's important to know that the easy money has already been made in Canadian oil sands.

Oil shale is still a ground floor opportunity.

The RAND corporation (a government research think tank) says the oil shale industry could be a $20 billion a year industry in the U.S.

All you have to know is where all that money is going.

Because I've been involved in the oil business for the past decade, I can tell you exactly what's happening, and how to take advantage of it.

How to Stake Your Claim in 2 Trillion Barrels of Oil

I've spent every day of the past three months researching every possible way to make money with the massive U.S. oil shale supply.

I've found a total of THREE ways.

The first way is with my favorite oil shale company. I think their new drilling process is so innovative, the government will likely choose them to drill the mother lode in the Green River Formation.

How do I know they'll get the green light?

For the past 5 years this company has been tucked away deep in the Green River Formation – pumping out shale oil. However, it began laboratory testing back in 1981 – so they have more than 25 years of research under their belt.

Their process can extract oil for as little as $25 a barrel. With oil prices recently reaching as high as $78 a barrel (and on the move again), this company stands to make a fortune.

They've even submitted the largest patent application in history for their drilling process, so it will be protected for the next 20 years.

This revolutionary process heats the rock and sand while it's still in the ground. Then they pump the oil as it oozes out from the ground.

It's cheap... low profile... and environmentally friendly.

Altogether this company has invested more than $1 BILLION on alternative fuel sources, like oil shale. That's not including their $150 million investment in China's oil shale resources.

But here's the best part...

This company states they can produce as much as one million barrels of oil per acre in the Green River Formation. The government owns over 800,000 acres there. If the government grants them full access, and I think they will, that would be more oil than any company has ever extracted from oil shale.

When full-scale drilling begins, this company could double their daily rate of oil production... and double their share price. They're even paying a generous dividend thanks to their other oil operations.

If you want to get in on the American oil shale boom, making money begins with this drilling company.

I've just finished compiling an in-depth research report detailing everything you need to know...

It's called The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the American Oil Shale Boom.

This comprehensive report analyzes all the government nominated companies, including my favorite oil shale company – the company I think the government will choose to go after TRILLIONS of barrels of oil in the Green River Formation.

But that's not all...

I told you I found THREE ways to make money in the coming American oil shale boom.

Here are the two others...

Two More Ways to Cash in on
the American Oil Shale Boom

To fuel its massive oil shale heaters, my favorite oil shale company needs an alternative source of power – something I call the "secret energy."

Currently, their "secret energy" bills run about $60,000 per month – which will get even larger as oil shale development grows.

For the companies that supply "the secret energy," it will likely mean a huge payday.

A recent article in a Colorado newspaper describes the situation best:

"[The secret energy] demand will also surge when oil shale development takes off in the next few years in the [Piceance] basin."

The Piceance basin has the highest oil concentration in the Green River Formation – holding more than 1.2 TRILLION barrels of oil.

This is the region the government-selected companies will use to test their shale drilling methods.

I've found the largest "secret energy" company that supplies power to the Piceance basin.

As long as the government is pushing the oil shale development in the Piceance basin, this company is the top choice to supply the power. And I don't see the government leaving anytime soon.

I expect this company's share price to soar as oil shale development takes off in the coming years. In fact, they too pay a consistent dividend – paid out steadily since 1989.

I explain the full details in my report, The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the American Oil Shale Boom.

And there's more...

I've discovered one more company you need to know about... Take a look at this recent government quote...

"The oil shale [testing] will take place in the same areas where drilling for natural gas has been rapidly expanding. If all the leases produce, the area would be transformed into a highly industrialized zone with a network of roads, pipelines, rail lines, and power plants to service the gas fields, oil shale heating sites and oil shale mines."

- The U.S. Bureau of Land Management

In other words, if you're a company going after oil shale, you need more than just the "secret energy," you need natural gas – and lots of it.

Oil shale companies use natural gas to heat the oil shale, run electricity, and for the day-to-day operations...

Natural gas is the cheapest way to get energy to the remote areas of western Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming.

I found a small gas company that stands to benefit as oil shale development increases. It sits on considerable amounts of land in the Green River Formation.

In The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the American Oil Shale Boom I'll tell you about all the government-nominated companies, including my favorite oil shale company, the "secret energy" source company, and the natural gas company that stands to benefit from the situation.

That's a total of THREE ways to potentially make a fortune in the American oil shale boom.

Best of all, I'd like to give you full online access to this report FREE of charge.

Let me show you how to get your copy...

How to Make a Fortune in Oil

A Geologist's Trade
Secrets to Making a
Fortune From Oil
I can't tell you how often I hear it... from investors I meet at conferences... from friends, neighbors... even from my PhD-educated wife:

Matt, how do you expect to make money recommending oil and energy-related investments in The S&A Oil Report, when oil is down so much from its high last summer?

The truth is, most smart energy investors and analysts don't care much about what a barrel of oil costs.

What's infinitely more important to making money are 3 simple secrets... which you must look for if you want to get rich in energy investing:

• What is demand doing?
• Which governments are pouring money into getting more oil? And...
• Where is that money going?

If you know how to follow this trail of money – and if you can do it before the masses find out where it's going – you stand to make a fortune.

You see, the United States has always needed much more oil than anyone else.

But that is changing, very quickly...

In the past few years, China has gone from a nation of bicycles and rickshaws to the fastest growing economy in the world... with the fastest growing car market.

Every single day, 1,000 new cars hit the streets of China. At this rate, China will have 170 million vehicles by 2020, according to the World Bank.

According to recent figures published by Bank of America, China overtook the US in passenger car output for the first time ever this past year and is now the world's biggest supplier (continued in sidebar below)...

My name is Matt Badiali. I've been studying the oil industry for the past 15 years. I've been involved in almost every aspect of geological exploration and drilling.

I'm a geologist by training... from my teaching positions at Duke and Florida Atlantic University... to my stints on a drill rig in Delray Beach, and as a field geologist for a variety of firms.

What it all boils down to is, understanding the industry... the new technologies being used... where new oil supplies are coming from... and how those supplies will reach us — the end users...

...I've seen it all.

Now, I spend every day researching and analyzing these crucial details... and reporting my best investment ideas for a financial research service called The S&A Oil Report.

What I'm most excited about now is oil shale...

I've spent almost every day of the past 18 months compiling data for my report on how to own your share of the 2 TRILLION barrels of oil locked inside the Green River Formation.

My report, The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the American Oil Shale Boom details THREE potential ways to cash in on the coming American oil shale frenzy.

I devoted so much time this oil shale project because I don't see an easier way to make a fortune over the next few years.

But don't just take my word for it...

The Bush administration has already designated the Green River Formation, "The Next Big Energy Boom."

As you can see, the U.S. government has already set the wheels in motion for oil shale. All you have to do is follow the path of money...

My report will show you how...

As I mentioned, I'd like to give you full online access to my Special Report, The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the American Oil Shale Boom absolutely FREE of charge. The only thing I ask in return is that you take a no-risk trial subscription to my monthly oil advisory, The S&A Oil Report.

On the second Tuesday of every month, I'll send you a full report (by email and by regular mail) on the best oil opportunity in the world.

It could be a tiny wildcatter on the brink of a major oil discovery... a company with a new drilling technology... or a highly profitable oil tanker that pays out big dividends...

The point is this: Wherever the best opportunities are, I will find them – so you can get there first.

But before you decide if The S&A Oil Report is right for you, there's something else I'd like to give you FREE of charge.

It's an incredible opportunity I think you'll find extremely valuable...

How to Receive Oil Royalties
"from the Government"

Most Americans don't know this... but there's a legal and reliable way to collect lucrative royalties on American oil profits, which normally go straight to the Government.

You see, while the government gouges most oil companies on corporate taxes... I found a company that doesn't pay a cent.

In fact, they've never paid corporate taxes on any of the profits earned from their oil-rich properties in Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Instead, this company sends royalty checks to shareholders, 12-times a year. And they do this by using oil profits most companies have to hand over to the government at tax time.

These are just like dividends, only bigger and more reliable.

How is this possible?

Thanks to a special tax code the government made wrote back in the 1970s – in the midst of an energy crisis – this company NEVER has to pay taxes on certain oil properties... as long as it gives the majority of its profits from those oil fields to shareholders.

If you look at the Internal Revenue Code, you'll see this agreement is even guaranteed by U.S. law.

If you'd put $10,000 into this company ten years ago, you'd be sitting on a possible $255,454 today.

So far, this oil company has mailed 216 consecutive oil checks to shareholders.

Even if they never acquire another drop of oil — they have enough reserves to keep sending you royalty checks until 2013!

If you're interested in this unique idea, I'd like to give you the full details in a special report called: The Government-Authorized Way to Get American Oil Royalties.

This report — like The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the New American Oil Boom — is also FREE of charge.

To receive a copy of each, all I ask is that you give my monthly oil research and investment advisory — The S&A Oil Report — a risk-free trial.

Is The S&A Oil Report right for you?

That's for you to decide.

Let me tell you more about my research service...

Following the Industry —
From Every Angle

Today, I have close contacts at more than two-dozen of the world's best oil companies, including Exxon and Anadarko Petroleum.

I have met these folks primarily through my participation in various conferences around the world, specifically the Geological Society of America (GSA), American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), and the North American Petroleum Expo (NAPE).

One of my top contacts is a veteran Houston wildcatter who the Times of London calls "the real deal."

I use these various contacts to meet other experts in the field, follow the flow of money throughout the oil industry, and find the best moneymaking ideas for my independent financial research service, The S&A Oil Report.

A Geologist's Trade Secrets Continued...

China is also one of the largest consumers of oil in the world... second only to the United States.

And, like the U.S., China doesn't have enough oil at home... so they've been on the hunt abroad... in the Sudan, Kazakhstan, Russia, the Middle East...

Similarly, India's craving for oil is also rising. According to the Energy Information agency, "India's oil needs are expected to grow by 4%-7% each year."

Bottom line: We are still at the beginning of a long-term bull market for oil... the likes of which the industrialized world has never seen.

The U.S government forecasts a 54% increase in oil demand over the next 18 years. And governments around the world are spending unprecedented amounts of money to satisfy that demand.

All you have to do is pay attention to which companies will be receiving the bulk of government funding and who will put it to best use.

If you take a trial subscription to my newsletter I'll send you a new report every month on the very best investments in oil.

I'll tell you about the new supplies of oil... the oil shale fields...the deepwater prospects... and even new oil sands discoveries... as the situations unfold. Most importantly, you'll hear about the companies that are getting the oil out — so you can get there first.

Just follow the money...

I'll also tell you about the companies that specialize in the new oil technologies — technologies necessary to find oil in places we've never looked before — and the companies that are using that technology to explore for oil on new frontiers.

I'll follow the industry from every angle, and report on the very best opportunities, wherever they happen to be.

In the next 12 – 18 months there could be dozens of opportunities to double your money.

The total S&A Oil Report package includes:

• 12 Monthly Issues (1 full year) of The S&A Oil Report. On the second Tuesday of every month, I will send you a full report (by email or regular mail) on what I believe is the very best oil investment in the markets at that time and how you can get in on it right away.
• Special Report: The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the New American Oil Boom. Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world — more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. Three companies have been chosen to lead the way. Test drilling has already begun...
• Special Report: The Government-Authorized Way to Get American Oil Royalties. Most Americans don't know this... but there's a legal and reliable way to collect lucrative royalties on American oil profits, which normally go straight to the Government. If you're interested in this unique idea, this report explains the situation in full.

The S&A Oil Report research service, including everything I've mentioned costs just $99 for a full year.

Sign up today, and you'll have full access to each of my Special Reports on our members only website.

Take the next 6 months to decide if my work is right for you.

If you are unsatisfied for any reason — simply cancel before the 6-month trial period is up.

I'll give you a full refund. And everything I send you is yours to keep.

I can make this guarantee because I'm confident in the quality of my work — and I know that once you've given my research service a try, you won't want to invest without it.

At $99 a year, I think it's the best deal out there.

But before I show you how to get started, there's one more thing I want to tell you about...

The Arctic Oil Secret

As you now know, big oil has pulled out of the Rocky Mountain region and is exploring thousands of feet deep into the waters of places like Angola... the Caspian Sea... and off the coast of Brazil... where there's an abundance of massive oil fields.

Just in the past decade, explorers have discovered close to 100 deep-water oil fields.

But what most people don't know, however... is there's a deep-water hotspot that holds roughly one-quarter of the oil remaining in the world - according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

I'm talking about the Arctic Circle - a region of the world unclaimed by most countries.

Until recently, thick ice covered this region, making drilling impossible. But with advancements in drilling technology, oil companies can now unlock its riches.

One Arctic country in particular has rights to a province that could hold as much as 109 billion barrels, according to the USGS.

That's about 50% more oil than is thought to lie in the Gulf of Mexico!

What's even more amazing is that I've found one publicly traded oil company that has a huge stake in it.

Just to be clear, this is NOT a Big Oil company like Chevron or Shell.

These guys are 1/10th the size of Exxon... and soon they're expected to begin drilling on their Arctic property, which could hold a billion-barrels or more.

Now is your chance to get in early.

I just completed a special report on this opportunity called: The Arctic Oil Boom - How to Get in Early on the World's Largest Deepwater Oil Field.

Inside, you'll get the full details on this new offshore oil field... including everything you need to know to take a stake in my favorite deepwater explorer...

This report is also FREE of charge for trying The S&A Oil Report today.

Here's how to get started right away.

A Special Offer for New
Members – 50% OFF

The S&A Oil Report costs $99 for a full year.

But if you sign up through this special offer, I'd like to give you an even better deal...

I'd like to give you a full year of research — including all the Special Reports I've described in this letter — my monthly newsletter —for just $49.50.

That's 50% off the regular rate.

For the special rate of $49.50, you'll get:

• 12 issues of The S&A Oil Report
• Special Report: The U.S. Government's Secret Oil Supply: How to Make Money in the American Oil Shale Boom.
• Special Report: The Government-Authorized Way to Get American Oil Royalties.
• Special Report: The Arctic Oil Boom - How to Get in Early on the World's Largest Deepwater Oil Field.

Please note: If you take advantage of this special offer, you will still have a full 6 months to decide if the Oil Report is right for you.

6-Month No Risk Guarantee

We want you to be happy with your subscription to The S&A Oil Report. If you have any reservations whatsoever between now and when the 6-month trial period expires, simply cancel your membership and I'll reimburse you in full – no questions asked. Everything I send you is yours to keep. I can make a guarantee like this because I believe in the quality of my research and I think you will be too, once you give it a try. See below to get started today.

To get in on the world's biggest oil reserve — before it's too late — simply Click Here.

Sincerely,

Matt Badiali
Editor, The S&A Oil Report
June 2007

P.S. As I write this letter, I've found that the Pentagon has announced plans to purchase 300,000 barrels of Green River oil shale every day. They'll use this fuel for military aircraft and vehicles. This deal shows just how fast things are moving in the Green River Formation. It's still early in the game - but there's no telling how much longer things will stay quiet. To get your FREE report on this developing situation, click below.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

You are receiving this email from Zacks Investment Research because you chose to receive messages from

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #52179
Ignore maxreturn
modified
6/12/2007 9:28:22 AM

Sorry, I'm ADD. Way too much to wade through 8<)

mistlethrush
7 posts
msg #52183
Ignore mistlethrush
6/12/2007 1:45:54 PM

Sounds a bit over-hyped to me -- typical sales pitch for a tout rag. However, it is well known that the Uinta Plateau (in Utah, Colo, Wyo) has massive amounts of oil shale (not a secret by any means), but legal obstacles have kept anyone from getting at it on a productive scale. The article is rather long and I ddin't read the whole thing.

/MT

pops
19 posts
msg #52191
Ignore pops
6/12/2007 11:26:46 PM

There is a website devoted to figuring out the names of companies that are touted by newsletter sellers. There is a good chance that it has already addressed this stock. If not, you can submit the letter and they will work on it. Subscriptions are free. www.stockgumshoe.com

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52192
Ignore nikoschopen
6/13/2007 12:56:09 AM

Just as in any gold rush mania where more money is made by selling shovels than to actually dig yourself, it would make more sense to stick to the drill and equipment makers rather than oil producers.

packraider
10 posts
msg #52203
Ignore packraider
6/13/2007 12:36:55 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aoZ7q9LhDrVs&refer=home

Maybe Nabors?

itrademan
70 posts
msg #52208
Ignore itrademan
6/13/2007 5:35:11 PM

I found some company info from unexpected source "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_shale".

Currently it looks like over hyped news based on commercial value. But good to watch in future.

Here is a snapshot of companies working on Pilot Project.
Company Location Method Status
Shell Frontier Oil and Gas Colorado, the United States In-situ Conversion Process Pilot project
Chevron Shale Oil Company Colorado, the United States In-situ Conversion Process Pilot project
EGL Resources Colorado, the United States true in-situ process Pilot project
Millennium Synfuels Utah, USA Staged electrically heated retort process Pilot project

I am not sure if EGL or Millennium Synfuels have stock symbols for trade or put on watchlist.

ivycapman
17 posts
msg #52525
Ignore ivycapman
6/26/2007 1:01:56 AM

What does anyone know about the Bakken oil formation in eastern Montana, western North Dakota, and southern Saskatchewan. This field is estimated to contain 500 Billion barrels of oil ( more than double the proven reserves in Saudi Arabia ).It could be larger than the field at Prudoe Bay in Alaska. Drilling is just beginning and companies are facing a shortage of oil rigs and workers. How can one invest there? Google "Bakken oil formation".

astroanalyst
48 posts
msg #52553
Ignore astroanalyst
6/26/2007 12:50:36 PM

For starters, how 'bout COP...

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/gen/ap/ND_ConocoPhillips_Bakken.html

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Secret Colorado Oil Discovery<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.