StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · So, it would seem the best buy in times for a bullish stock are...<< >>Post Follow-up
Venice
82 posts
msg #89322
Ignore Venice
modified
3/9/2010 2:53:23 PM

open, 10:30, and 2:30. Has anyone else noticed a similar trend? I know from open till whenever is pretty much anyones game, but what is going on with the near consistent 10:30 reversal upwards and the 2:30 reversal upwards?

Sometimes the 2:30 makes a lower low then the 10:30, other times not. The 2:30 time has always been another good buy in time for me though.

Or is this just something I'm witnessing as part of the current environment?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #89324
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/9/2010 3:39:06 PM

There is a lot of day trading that goes on in the first hour, along with fresh money being dumped into or pulled out of the markets. Around 10 AM things settle down, and usually there is a reversal or stall depending on any key economic news.

You can usually fade the direction the market has taken from open until that time profitably. Probably easier to fade the 10 AM reversal than trying to fade the open, although not being well versed in that style of trading I may be off base on that assumption.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #89327
Ignore miketranz
3/9/2010 6:06:47 PM

If you see a consistent pattern,take a position,get an education.....

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · So, it would seem the best buy in times for a bullish stock are...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.