StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Sort on column Y and display top 10?<< >>Post Follow-up
rterbush
4 posts
msg #59753
Ignore rterbush
2/18/2008 9:20:04 AM

New to the platform and have not found an answer to this in the user guide...

Is it possible to just take the top N number of results based on a sort on some column?

Wanting to use this for creating an autofill watchlist and would like to prune to the results I actually want to monitor.

Thanks for the help

rterbush
4 posts
msg #59999
Ignore rterbush
2/27/2008 9:47:03 AM

Replying to my own first post... not a good sign... :-)

This did not seem like a hard question. Would appreciate if someone could tell me it is possible or not. :-)

Thanks

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60001
Ignore nikoschopen
2/27/2008 11:45:19 AM

I don't think there's a way to automate this, but you can certainly do this manually.

For instance, you could sort the column of interest (eg, "diff" -- see below) automatically by writing the command in the filter or manually by clicking on the column header, and then exporting the top five stocks to ure watchlist by checking the boxes. Consider the following filter. You'll note that I've created the column named "diff", which measures the difference between today's 20-day moving average and the same MA 5 days ago, that will fetch the numbers in a descending order.

Fetcher[
set{diff, ma(20) - ma(20) 5 days ago}
price above 20
avgvol(17) above 300000
draw ma(20)

add column diff
sort column 5 descending
]

Once I have retrieve the stocks, I can then toggle the first five boxes next to the symbols and then click the "Add to Watchlist" button at the bottom of the page to import those stock into my watchlist.

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #60006
Ignore contrahawk
2/27/2008 2:23:35 PM

Here's a lead for you -- right off the home page "Contact Us" link.

StockFetcher Help

StockFetcher Customer Support Center

All Documents Forums Help

Who do I contact if I have a question?

If you can't find your answer in our help system, feel free to send email to support@stockfetcher.com if you have a question. We try to answer your questions within 24 hours Monday-Friday.

http://help.stockfetcher.com/sfhelp/?id=100241
Still need help?

Not sure what to search for or unable to locate what you want? Click here to view topics

rterbush
4 posts
msg #60052
Ignore rterbush
2/28/2008 8:52:43 PM

Thanks Contrahawk..

I made an assumption that SF support was also reading these forums. I will drop them a note.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Sort on column Y and display top 10?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.