StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stock pick for 4/22/04 -- CLYW<< >>Post Follow-up
xplorer
257 posts
msg #31834
Ignore xplorer
4/22/2004 8:25:01 AM

Stock Fetcher scan brought this little gem to my attention ... CLYW... It looks like it has consolidated and ready to POP ! I came across a nice little artcle that supports this, and should give this gem alot of interest over the next week or two. The sector is hot ...

Let me know what you think...

April 21, 2004 5:40am ET (BusinessWire)

Calypso Wireless, Inc. (OTC:CLYW), announced today they were invited by award winning World Business Review hosted by General Alexander Haig, Former Secretary of State to President Ronald Reagan, to participate in a video series titled "Wi-Fi Solutions". Calypso Wireless addresses solutions in the wireless arena including seamless roaming between cellular and Wi-Fi networks. The 4.5 minute segment will be aired on cable and satellite TV during the next two weeks. The distribution report for viewing in your area has been posted on Calypso's web site.

World Business Review (http://www.wbrtv.com/) reaches an audience of over 194 million in North America on CNBC, Tech TV and The Bravo Network. It also reaches a potential 1.9 million in Hong Kong (ATV) and 1.8 million in Canada; On-Campus TV/Curricula at leading Universities as well as On-Demand Access to World Business Review by 75 million computer users. It also reaches thousands of business travelers to or from North America, South America, Asia Pacific and European flights on United Airlines In-Flight Programming.

Calypso's Patented ASNAP(TM) technology (US Patent no. 6,680,923 B1) enables cellular phones and other mobile devices to automatically detect an available wireless local area network and then seamlessly switch between the signals from a GSM/GPRS or CDMA cellular tower to a short range broadband network such as Wi-Fi. The wireless customer remains connected to the GSM/GPRS or CDMA network until his mobile phone automatically detects and switches to a Wi-Fi network. At that point, the phone seamlessly switches to that network and is now able to connect at a speed of up to 11,000 Kbps (11Mbps) enabling movie-quality, real-time video conferencing via Calypso's cellular / Wi-Fi phones, or any mobile device powered with Calypso's patented technology.

"We are in the process of contacting all major OEMs in the wireless industry to notify them of our patent that could have a significant and immediate impact on the development of the industry, as well as major implications on the way OEM's such as Nokia (NYSE:NOK), Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERICY) and Motorola (NYSE:MOT) do business," says David Davila, President & CEO of Calypso Wireless. Calypso is already in negotiations with a major OEM manufacturer to license its patented ASNAP(TM) technology. Due to the patent, even those OEM manufacturers that don't wish to license Calypso's technology at the time, but plan to create wireless devices that roam seamlessly between these networks, will have to obtain rights from Calypso Wireless.

Calypso Wireless Inc. is a publicly traded company. Its common stock trades under the ticker symbol CLYW. For more information about Calypso Wireless and its products and services, please visit the company's Web site at http://www.calypsowireless.com.

Fare WELL !!

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31836
Ignore xplorer
4/22/2004 11:00:14 AM

I started chasing this puppy ... and broke my own rules ... so I placed a market order (shrug)... but at least I am in and ready for a great ride up ...

This is also a "pink sheet" stock ... which I also usually avoid ... but this one is worth the risk ...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stock pick for 4/22/04 -- CLYW<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.