StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher then using Vector Vest to enhance stock picking<< >>Post Follow-up
jchill2000
2 posts
msg #51839
Ignore jchill2000
5/28/2007 12:19:52 AM

I subscribe to Vector Vest (VV) and it has some useful tools involving fundamental information whereas its strength is not technical analysis as is Stockfetcher's strength. I have just started the following approach:
1. Develop filters that give generally decent results over a week, month, 3 months, with % win/loss at 50% or greater. Presently I am using a macd based filter.
2. Set filter back "x" days and obtain list of stocks.
3. Prepare VV watchlist with the list of stocks.
4. Run VV general stock search using watchlist only.
5. Exploring using VV by ranking stocks using PE, P/S, sales per share, and special VV indicators, VST (a mixture of momentum, earnings, value) and CI (relative consistent performance of stock price over a period of time).

Although I have just started exploring this approach, I am find that VV seems to pull up the best of the stocks in the group using VST and CI. Too few searches and studies to say it is consistent.

I have limited time right now,,involved in writing a text,, but in some few moments I will be doing more exploration. Sometime in the future I will give a general report. But if anyone is interested you can get a trial to VV and do your own studies during the trial period and see if you can not enhance your over stock picking. The two programs enhance each other and provide different information.

If you have any general questions I will try to respond.

Jim

sumanvj
2 posts
msg #69063
Ignore sumanvj
11/6/2008 12:51:25 PM

JChill2000

Let me know your progress, I have subscribed to VV for 5 week trial offer. I would like your input on how good the combination works out to be and also mail me at john29inpitt@yahoo.com. Please make sure to put subject as 'VV & SF'.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher then using Vector Vest to enhance stock picking<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.