StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TO STOCKFETCHER....If it was not broken...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
dcsnowden
52 posts
msg #113966
Ignore dcsnowden
6/7/2013 3:09:38 PM

Sorry to be such a bother, and I know the page appears more aesthetically pleasing and balanced by placing the results count and date of the results on the far right hand side of the page, but it requires a great deal of eye motion and in some cases, I'm sure, head turning to view that data...especially for those with larger desktop screens.....I vote for the old format....DCS

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113968
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/7/2013 4:02:25 PM

I agree - I much preferred the prior location for these functions (on the left hand side). I also noticed that in typing a number of days in the offset box, one must mouse click on "go" rather than just hitting return. This is small but adds one extra step, as does having to use the "more" dropdown box to download the result as a .csv file.

Please consider bringing back some of what clearly worked and was user preferred.

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #113969
Ignore compound_gains
6/7/2013 4:12:42 PM

Kudos for having the interest in improving page looks. That being said, I agree with all of the comments re: seeing what the days offset is and being able to simply click on previous/next to advance a screen.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #113970
6/7/2013 4:24:45 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the continued feedback. We have added next/prev buttons to the date offset. You'll need to run one date offset from the menu and the arrow buttons should appear to the right of the "Date Offset".

Thanks,
StockFetcher Support

dcsnowden
52 posts
msg #113973
Ignore dcsnowden
6/8/2013 7:19:17 PM

I'm sorry...but you haven't addressed the issues here.... I'm on this search page... probably a couple of hours a day...three or four days a week...and I can tell you what works and what doesn't....and this is not user friendly....it was just fine the way it was....I VOTE OLD FORMAT...anybody else??

four
5,087 posts
msg #113974
Ignore four
6/8/2013 7:33:23 PM

@stockfetcher

You'll need to run one date offset from the menu and the arrow buttons should appear to the right of the "Date Offset".

-----

Request default: Logic is handled by code not by end-user...

offset: 0 days = only back arrow available
offset: 1 day or greater = both arrows available (back and forward arrows)

Thanks

dcsnowden
52 posts
msg #113975
Ignore dcsnowden
6/9/2013 11:00:37 AM

OK... this date offset feature with the back and forth arrows is actually pretty good.....now if you could just consolidate the results count and date info from the right hand side of the page to... either above or below the VIEW...MORE...DATE OFFSET icons... so as to reduce neck and eye strain....this whole reformating journey could be an overall improvement....but whatever the ultimate decision...THX for constantly trying to better the SF experience....DCS

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #113979
Ignore Mactheriverrat
6/9/2013 1:57:06 PM

THX here too for constantly trying to better the SF experience. Some like the change and some don't. IMHO- to each his own. . The filter still bring up the same searched stocks to each Filter.

indexa
32 posts
msg #113984
Ignore indexa
6/9/2013 2:29:13 PM

@stockfetcher:

Date Offset menu displays options outside the screen, so it is neccesary roll the screen to reach custom days. I would suggest this format and a smaller font for these objects:

<< < _____ v > >> "# results date" [View] [More]

Thanks.

Note.
<<: previous week
<: previous day

>>: next week
>: next day
v: date offset options
___: custom days

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #113996
6/10/2013 8:16:51 AM

@dcsnowden:

We've added the date to the "Date Offset" button when the date offset has been modified to some point in the past. Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
StockFetcher.com

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TO STOCKFETCHER....If it was not broken...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.