StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TRADESTATION BLOCKED THE TREND THREAD<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51584
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/14/2007 3:07:48 PM

TRADESTATION BLOCKED THE TREND THREAD

TradeStation blocked the TREND INDICATOR thread, the most widely viewed thread in the history of TradeStation, today.

Why doesn't TradeStation want their customers to see this thread?

Unbelievable!

I wonder how many TS executives were part of this decision?

What could they possibly be thinking?

"All support, education and training services and materials on the TradeStation Securities Web site are for informational purposes and to help customers learn more about how to use the power of TradeStation software and services. No type of trading or investment advice or strategy is being made, given or in any manner provided by TradeStation Securities or its affiliates. "

Doesn't it seem odd that they delete one of the most informative threads?

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #51587
Ignore Koronbock
5/14/2007 3:31:01 PM

Tro,

a mix of bad management, stupidity, fear and greed. They are fearing you would take away business from them, which would hurt their bottomline. Actually the opposite is probably true. The more people read your comments, the more business they would have. But they are too dumb to understand this. I have quit Tradestation a long time ago because of unethical and stupid behavior on their side.

By the way: Too bad we could not meet last weekend in Germany. Let's do it next time.

Cheers,

Werner aka Koronbock

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #51588
Ignore guru_trader
modified
5/14/2007 7:14:39 PM

I considered signing up for TS back in the good old days ... but their attitude toward your contributions will keep me from ever signing up.

When will you come out with the AutoAveryStation ... you could have someone code it for you and I'm sure many of the TS members following your TS systems will sign up!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51590
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/14/2007 7:57:52 PM

It is their EGO and ARROGANCE!

Just because they win awards they do think they have to listen to anyone.

Didn't IBM win awards? And then along came MFST!! Now IBM is in the "shadows".

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF BECAUSE HUMANS NEVER WANT TO LEARN THE LESSONS FROM HISTORY.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51595
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/15/2007 1:02:51 AM

TRADESTATION'S RESPONSE

A TS user writes:

"Dear Tradestation Forum,

I´ve just been stepping myself through the Trend thread this afternoon, reading myself through pages 60-70, learning about "peaks and valleys", thinking about considering dynamic support and resistance for planning trades, about how to measure decreasing volatility as a prelude to price breakout and lots of creative ways using RadarScreen and chart slot machines showing all this information in inspiring interfaces ready to use for my trend studies, entrys and exits......this is probably one of the most wealthy thread of free accessible trading knowledge i`ve ever found.........

I just wanted to continue reading at:
https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=40776&Page=69

why does is now say:
"There Was A Problem. You do not have permission to access this forum.""

[B]TRADESTATION'S RESPONSE[/B]:

"Please post any specific questions that you may have, with the correct category, and we will attempt to answer. Please be as sepcific as possible.

That thread is no longer available."

That sounds like something a politician would say.

Just remember to be as "SEPCIFIC" as possible!!

The question that needs to be answered is "Does blocking access to the TREND INDICATOR thread increase TradeStation's profits?"

Funny thing is in a way it might! Now people may have to pay TradeStation to learn things that used to be free.

Arooj
15 posts
msg #51601
Ignore Arooj
5/15/2007 6:57:54 AM

GULP! I'm a new member to SF, and have learned too much to mention from reviewing all of the posts here the last two months. I'm trying to follow in many members' footsteps here, and now this. Just great - makes me feel proud to be a TS user.

Has anyone SAVED any of the best parts of these threads??? I will look to kreslik.com for some guidance on the specifics of the TREND indicator.

TRO, you may not be my bro, but you have my support. Methinks that the route of independence is looking better and better. Maybe it's too premature, but it would be great to see you hookup with someone like Interactive Brokers - my kid wants to learn Java so he can be like this guy:

2007 IB Trading Olympiad Winners (ran from Monday January 15, 2007 for 8 weeks concluding on Friday March 9, 2007)

#1 Brian Eckerly Ohio State University $294,190 profit ($100,000 prize)

"Student's account will be credited with $100,000 in phantom money at the beginning of the competition and Student may make as many trades as desired over the eight weeks that the competition will run.

Students are required to submit a trading plan and resume. All trades must be made through an automated system utilizing Interactive Brokers' Application Program Interface (API) and must execute at least 25 automated trades during the competition.

Trades may be based on any combination of technical or fundamental data and the plan should discuss these algorithms. Each student's plan should be about a page in length, and should discuss the market(s) traded, product(s) traded (i.e., stocks, options, Forex, etc.) and trading strategy employed."

Looks like IB's platform is robust enough, and they've recently gone public. Wouldn't it be cool if they could be convinced to accommodate SF's MuchoEasyLanguage?

Niagara
49 posts
msg #51604
Ignore Niagara
5/15/2007 8:09:18 AM

I do not use Tradestation, but as I browse these boards, it seems TS is the most popular. My question is if not TS, what? There is Metastock, Trade Navagator, esignal product, and others. Why so little interest in Metstock, and Trade Navagator? It is too bad code can not be computer translated from one format to another, especially for those not code fluent.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #51610
Ignore petrolpeter
5/15/2007 1:29:02 PM

Rumpl,Write the AveryStation for MAC and convince Jobs to combine it with a $2.50per trade platform.Also to have it included in the MAC bundle then we could dump Windows,Tradestation and most brokers all in one shot.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #51612
Ignore guru_trader
modified
5/15/2007 2:41:35 PM

Dump Windows? What about also dumping MAC and going with Linux?

For a short while, at least, you can still read portions of the latest copy of the Trend thread using google's cached pages.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #51620
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/15/2007 8:53:32 PM

TheRumpledOne
- Ignore TheRumpledOne 5/14/2007 4:57:52 PM

It is their EGO and ARROGANCE!

Just because they win awards they do think they have to listen to anyone.

Didn't IBM win awards? And then along came MFST!! Now IBM is in the "shadows".

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF BECAUSE HUMANS NEVER WANT TO LEARN THE LESSONS FROM HISTORY.

I see people saying..."i'm not gonna join now!" What a joke! Have any of you noticed "TRO" isn't quitting any of the trading platforms? Trade Station is by far thee BEST in the world for what we do here! So save me the B.S. will ya? Why don't some of you ask TRO if he's still a paying member of $250 a month?....he'll tell ya...he cant afford NOT to be! These types of threads make me laugh! lol....

- RIGGS -

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TRADESTATION BLOCKED THE TREND THREAD<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.