glgene
613 posts
msg #59750
Ignore glgene
2/18/2008 4:26:01 AM

First dot.com,
Then Housing,
Then ???

Read an interesting article in the February 2008 issue of Harper's magazine. The writer gives his opinion of the next sector bubble. Provides a multi-year chart that shows it beginning in 2004 and peaking in 2012-2013.

If he's right, this provides investors an opportunity to ride this puppy quite a while and make lots of $moolah. Just got to know when to hop off before the bubble breaks.

The article is 7 pages long, including 3 highly-informative charts.

OK, I won't make you wait. The next bubble is right before our eyes. We already see it, some have invested in it.

The answer: Alternative Energy.

I suggest that interested persons buy the magazine before it is replaced on the bookstore shelf with the March issue.

Again...the article is in the February 2008 issue of Harper's magazine.

Disclosure: I am not the writer of the article, and I do not own stock in Harper's magazine, and I currently do not own any alternative energy stocks (although I did briefly last year, and made a few bucks on it).

glgene
613 posts
msg #59752
Ignore glgene
2/18/2008 9:19:13 AM

As a starting point for this discussion, I looked in the Vector Vest database and found these counts in the Clean Energy industries:

2 buys
22 holds
41 sells

There's plenty of time to hop aboard the Alt. Energy play. But most won't until it's galloping away, and then they'll not hop off in time (such as the dot.com bust). Caution: The Alt. Energy play, in my opinion, will be volatile. Not every stock will score big. There will be lots of losers. Right now I know of only one Alt. Energy ETF --- PBW. Does anybody know of other ETFs in this category?

glgene
613 posts
msg #59759
Ignore glgene
2/18/2008 4:48:14 PM

I read on the Internet there are now 6 Alternative Energy ETFs. Here is the link:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/36094-the-green-investor-choosing-an-alternative-energy-etf

ham1198
174 posts
msg #59760
Ignore ham1198
2/18/2008 5:22:21 PM

...saw in the paper a bme executive said fuel cell technology is still 30 years away.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The Next Bubble<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.