StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The Top 10 Reasons People Give for Holding on to Their Stocks Too Long<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39299
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/3/2005 1:57:59 PM

It's Good to Know: The Top 10 Reasons People Give for Holding on to Their Stocks Too Long

With apologies to Dave Letterman ...

10. "The food at the annual shareholders' meeting is to die for."
9. "I know I've said this before ... but the price of this stock has nowhere to go but up."
8. "Who says I'm not capable of making a long-term commitment?"
7. "My golf buddy got out years ago. If I sell now, it'll prove he was right."
6. "My original analysis of the company was spot on, damn it! The market is wrong."
5. "I have this 1988 Forbes article saying this company could be the next Microsoft."
4. "I'm feeling lucky today."
3. "I'm a lazy son-of-a-gun."
2. "If I sell now, I just know the stock will catch fire tomorrow."

And [drum roll] ...

1. "I don't know what the big problem is. I haven't lost a penny on this stock."

- Andrew Gordon

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #39820
Ignore markcrisp
12/31/2005 7:01:20 AM

some expert on a chat forum told me to hold on....
My broker tells me this is the next hot stock
I'll sell when it comes back to my buy price
I am in for the "long term"

mantis2k4
20 posts
msg #39832
Ignore mantis2k4
12/31/2005 3:06:29 PM

15. "I don't want to take a loss!"

riggs
313 posts
msg #39848
Ignore riggs
1/1/2006 3:45:15 PM

Speaking of "Brokers"......

Two women were walking through the woods when a frog called out to them and said: "Help me, ladies! I am a stockbroker who, through an evil witch's curse, has been transformed into a frog. If one of you will kiss me, I'll be returned to my former state!"
One woman took out her purse, grabbed the frog, and stuffed it inside her handbag. The other woman, aghast, screamed, "Didn't you hear him? If you kiss him, he'll turn into a stockbroker!"

The second woman replied, "Sure, but these days a talking frog is worth more than a stockbroker!" LOL.....

RIGGS

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The Top 10 Reasons People Give for Holding on to Their Stocks Too Long<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.