StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The new look.<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #55106
9/24/2007 9:04:17 AM

To change your font-size:
  1. Click on the "Settings" navigation link.

2. Click on the "General" option in the gray sub-options box.

3. Select your font-size and click "Apply"

StockFetcher.com Support

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #55109
Ignore alf44
9/24/2007 10:28:00 AM

Well...this "new look" has COMPLETELY screwed up my screen layout !!!

SF guys...what have you done to me ???

I have a scan filter that I bring up every morning and leave up ALL day...used as a "daily trading sheet"...lots of info...lots of columns...ALL of them have been meticulously tweeked over time so that the spacing is precisely the way I need it to be...so that it fits precisely into my screen layout.

That has ALL been ruined by this "NEW LOOK" !

Way to go SF guys...nice job !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #55185
Ignore alf44
9/25/2007 2:02:14 PM

...ah hem...I repeat...

...You have ruined my screen layout with this "new look" !!!

tomb
267 posts
msg #55187
Ignore tomb
9/25/2007 2:10:18 PM

If possible, can you provide more details on how the new format has corrupted your filter results/display?

For faster responses, please provide any filter other details to support@stockfetcher.com.

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher Support

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #55188
Ignore alf44
9/25/2007 2:44:41 PM

Tom,

Don't know if I would describe it as "corrupted"...everything still works fine.

The problem is in displaying ALL of the COLUMNS that I have within the filter...52 in all...counting columns and column separators...more when you include the SF columns at the far right for "analysis", "chart", and "performance" (when using days offset).

All of these columns fit perfectly into my layout before the "new look" was implemented. Now, they are still there...but in order to see them all I have to scroll right to see the columns that are located to the right side of the display.

This means as I'm studying the filter results...I have to constantly scroll back and forth...back and forth...to see ALL of the columns. Before, I had only to look at the filter columns...they were ALL there...everthing was right there.

This is a huge inconvenience...not to mention time consuming !

Regards,

alf44

tomb
267 posts
msg #55189
Ignore tomb
9/25/2007 2:49:08 PM

Thank you for the additional information. Is it an issue that can be resolved by a smaller font, or would we need to reduce the size of spacing between the columns.?

Currently you can resize down to a 10pt font, but if you think an even smaller size might help, let us know. Otherwise, we can investigate ways to possibly reduce the default column spacing.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #55190
Ignore alf44
modified
9/25/2007 3:14:14 PM

Tom,

I almost mentioned "font size" in my previous post but didn't.

Reducing the font size was the very first thing I tried. I went down from 11 pt. to 10 pt. - that does NOT provide enough "shrinkage" to allow the display of ALL my columns/separators etc...as was previously possible.

------------------------------------------------------

"Otherwise, we can investigate ways to possibly reduce the default column spacing.

Now you're talking !

That could possibly offer some solutions.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------

If I might also just say...since you brought up the "font size" issue...I would love to be able to have the option to adjust the "font size" in the Forum Section..INDEPENDENTLY...of the rest of the StockFetcher site.

In other words, set the "font size" in the Forums to a size of my choosing (larger for example)...AND ...to then have the ability to set the "font size" for the rest of the site to a different "font size" if I chose to do so.

That would be most helpful to these tired eyes at 1:00 AM when sometimes things start to get blurry. lol

Regards,

alf44

tomb
267 posts
msg #55193
Ignore tomb
9/25/2007 3:59:15 PM

Thank you again for the additional information. We have made a couple modifications:

1. Reduced spacing in filter results tables.
  2. Added smaller font options (if necessary)
  3. Added a forums font size setting (Settings->General)

Please let us know if any of the above help!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55194
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/25/2007 4:10:21 PM

Thanks TomB:

Now I can read!!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #55195
Ignore alf44
9/25/2007 4:14:18 PM

Tom,

Very cool !

Everything is back as it was.

Love the larger font in the Forum Section also !

Just awesome !

Thank you for the help !

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The new look.<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.