StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Today's hot Inverse ETFs<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #56939
Ignore petrolpeter
11/22/2007 2:47:37 AM

Asian markets sold down last night,after that small DOW rally tuesday.Heard it on the BBC on the drive home once again,and sure enough it knocked down our markets today.Seems U.S. is tied to the dragon's tail and is the last to get whipped by world markets.How do you handle those big gaps and spreads on FXP Karen?The ultrashorts are all over my bullish screens as they should be in a bear run.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56940
Ignore karennma
11/22/2007 10:41:54 AM

PP:
Yes, the spread may be awful, but, IF you can be at your desk @ 9:30 am to buy at the open, you can still make good money ... EZ money.
Here's what I'm thinking ... and please correct me if I'm wrong 'cause (as you know) I usually "think" bass ackwards.
Asia is a day ahead of us.
As soon as you wake-up and turn on your TV, you know BEFORE the U.S. markets open, what's happened overseas.
So, knowing what's already happened overseas, you buy at the open and let your profits run during the trading session.
This has worked for me 3 times.
If you look at an FXP chart , theoretically, you could've made a killing since the official start of the "global" bear market on 11/14/07.
China and the U.S. are now siamese twins.
Where one goes, so goes the other.
JMHO.
Happy Thanksgiving!
;>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56941
Ignore karennma
11/22/2007 10:52:08 AM

petrolpeter
petrolpeter 11/22/2007 2:47:37 AM
Seems U.S. is tied to the dragon's tail and is the last to get whipped by world markets.

===================================================
Thanks, PP.
Your statement was so profound, I had to post it again.
As the global economy goes, so goes America ....
or as Ross Perot once said, "that sucking sound" ...

gobble gobble!
pretty soon, turkeys won't be the only dead ducks around.
;>)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #56956
Ignore nikoschopen
11/23/2007 3:55:58 PM

As the global economy goes, so goes America ....'cause (as you know) I usually "think" bass ackwards. Asia is a day ahead of us.

As a futures trader, I must follow what goes on in the rest of the world. It might seem like the Asian market leads our own, but the truth is that they lag. Whenever our markets rally, they rally; whenever we plunge, they also plunge. Our markets don't rally just because the Asian markets rallied although that could change if the European markets, which partially overlap with ours, also closed up strong. But the caveat is that even if the Asian and the European markets rallied, should our market tank theirs will too on the following day. The only exception is when there's a freakish news overnight that would strongly tip the balance in the other direction.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #56971
Ignore nikoschopen
11/24/2007 10:27:40 PM

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #56972
Ignore nikoschopen
11/24/2007 10:46:33 PM

Oh, I forgot to include this famous quote by Karl Marx:

"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce."

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #56977
Ignore karennma
11/25/2007 9:05:33 AM

nikoschopen
nikoschopen 11/24/2007 10:46:33 PM
Oh, I forgot to include this famous quote by Karl Marx:
"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce."
=================================================

roflmao!!
That's one helluva a chart you posted.
Thanks for the "warning" ... or uh, ... the "reminder".
:>)

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #56991
Ignore petrolpeter
11/25/2007 7:43:44 PM

Been saying it for a while"keep those Ultra short ETFs on the bottom of the screen ".When something like that is so loaded with potential, you can feel it before it happens,way to go Karen.I wonder if because the U.S. is trillions in debt and our trade imbalance is causing other countries to hold large amounts of dollar reserves that the gov. is devaluating those dollars to the point that they don't want them any more?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #57005
Ignore karennma
11/26/2007 1:33:09 PM

petrolpeter
11/22/2007 2:47:37 AM
.How do you handle those big gaps and spreads on FXP Karen?

========================================

PP:
I stand corrected.
I never noticed the spread on FXP, i.e., whether it was "good" or "bad".
I buy at one price and sell at another price; a price higher than where I bought. Honestly, I never gave the "spread" a second thought.
But TODAY, I looked at the spread since you brought it my attention.
Frankly, I see nothing "wrong" with the spread.
But of course, since I'm not the brightest bulb in the room, pray tell ....
Am I missing something?
thx.
;>)

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #57007
Ignore petrolpeter
11/26/2007 2:27:56 PM

Usually go for ones that have a spread of a penny or two but being FXP is so new maybe the trading flow hasn't smoothed out yet.10 - 30 cent spread is a lot but good going getting in and out the way you want to.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Today's hot Inverse ETFs<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.