StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tony Golan filter for rising volume and price 3 days in a row<< >>Post Follow-up
ssazy
1 posts
msg #35278
Ignore ssazy
3/5/2005 4:49:40 AM

Has anyone heard of Tony Golan? He's an investment guru based in California that does radio talk shows and seminars. His method is to find stocks that have rising volume, rising price and is above the 200 day moving average for at least 3 days in a row. He proposes that this establishes a trend and once in a trend, that trend is likely to continue.

How do we filter for this? He supposedly has his proprietary filter that he charges people $200 per month for to subscribe.

Let's work on this because, I know it's very effective for long, intermediate and shorts.

Steve

wallman
299 posts
msg #35279
Ignore wallman
3/5/2005 12:32:32 PM

Hi Steve,so that i know if we are on the same page,when you get a chance chart these to see if this is what you are talking about,these are the stocks and eod prices that i picked up in the last couple of days, WTSLA 3.11,ABLE 7.31,GEOI 6.11,MPET 1.56,PRLS 2.25 ... these are what i found for Monday,ALMI DRRX PATY PRNW ... if these look like what you are looking for just post and i will let you know the simple way that i have always used to find such stocks,Thanks

rsarno
103 posts
msg #35283
Ignore rsarno
3/5/2005 10:15:53 PM

show stocks where price is above .5
and avgvol(30) is greater than avgvol(120)
and close 3 days ago is above MA(200)
and close 2 days ago is above MA(200)
and close is above MA(200)

like that?

I personally dont beleive in anyone who says ".... is likely to continue" because thats just BS, but im all ears ... lets see what we can make of it.

houghton
29 posts
msg #35300
Ignore houghton
3/8/2005 9:13:11 AM

ssazy,

The following isn't particularly elegant, but is this what you're looking for?

volume 2 days ago is greater than volume 3 days ago and volume 1 day ago is greater than volume 2 days ago and volume is greater than volume 1 day ago and close 2 days ago is greater than close 3 days ago and close 1 day ago is greater than close 2 days ago and close is greater than close 1 day ago and close is between 3 and 150 and draw MA(200)

The backtest results seem to be good, too.

Karl

mktmole
325 posts
msg #35301
Ignore mktmole
3/8/2005 10:16:36 AM

wallman;
could you post your scan that picked up ALMI DRRX PATY PRNW on Mon Feb 28th so we can compare and expand with houghton scan on 3/8 ?
thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tony Golan filter for rising volume and price 3 days in a row<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.