StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trade Management Questions<< >>Post Follow-up
Dan-o
19 posts
msg #50907
Ignore Dan-o
4/6/2007 8:54:15 PM

Hello Fellow Fetchers,

I am in the process of developing an automated trading system which will trade stocks that I feel will be good long candidates for the next trading day. The system will (hopefully) hold for one day only and will have positions either stopped out with a stop-loss / trailing stop or sold at the market with a time stop. I would appreciate any input about trade management parameters, i.e., stop-loss, gain levels, and trailing stops that you may have. If anyone trades a similar system, or does it manually, what would you recommend? Global parameters for the entire system or customize according to stocks' s/r level, volatility, range, etc. Right now, I'm leaning towards global parameters, it would just be easier for me to implement. System will operate like this:

1. I determine long candidates
2. If long candidate increases 1% higher than opening price and open is 1% higher than previous close, buy when stock is 1.25% greater than open.
3. If long position is opened, set stop loss at (entry price)-(.50%*entry price).
4. If gain level of +1% on trade is achieved, set trailing stop of (day high) - (.50*day high).
5. Kick positions at 3:30 if still open.

I like simplicity. My screen is fairly simple and generates high probability set-ups. The stocks don't all move, but my long candidates usually don't head lower, so that will keep me out of dud trades. I'm not looking for filters, I can put together filters pretty easily. I'm just looking for input from Trading Warriors! Thanks for your help!

Dan-o

"' I dial it in and tune the station
They talk about the U.S. inflation
I understand just a little
No comprende, it's a riddle

I'm on a Mexican radio...'" ---Wall of Voodoo

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50925
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/7/2007 10:29:11 PM

Look at my GAP STATISTICS Filter.

If you want an automated system, it's tough to beat.

gruender
101 posts
msg #50936
Ignore gruender
4/8/2007 8:01:38 PM

Hi TRO,

Is GAP STATISTICS at Kreslik or TradeStation?

Thanks, Joe

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50938
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
4/9/2007 8:09:55 AM

LOL... GAP STATISTICS is a FILTER right here at SF!!

You can write an automated strategy to take advantage of these stocks. Or just enter the orders manually.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trade Management Questions<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.