StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading Tactics 101<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29634
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/4/2003 11:03:41 AM

Normally I use MOAF to give me a good list of prospects and work from that list.
I wait for a positive 5/10 crossover on the 60 minute chart and then make my buy. This system works fairly well IF you are careful in your screening using the daily chart. This is what got me into DCUT. The W (double bottom) is nearly complete now and DCUT is moving by 10% per day. Not bad.

However, I still had a couple of bucks left over so I bought MCEQ at .06 this morning and sold it at .07 less than an hour later for a tidy 16% profit.

Buying a stock that is down 30% or more on the 60 minute chart is a bit risky but can be very rewarding.

I passed on AVGC at .11 because I am comitted past my eyeballs with DCUT but that also gave a great 9% return had I sold at .12 and then gone fishing.

Basically, that is how I do it.
I use MOAF to point me to the movers and shakers and then will go either way in my buys. I will buy a beaten down dog that fell another 35%+ on the 60 minute chart early in the morning or I will go with the 5/10 Xover if the daily chart looks good.
I never see much reason to get myself into a sweat and make only a few trades a week.

I generally sell when the RSI(2) AND the RSI(5) are both in the +75 - +85 area for those stocks that I buy using the Xover, but for the beaten down dogs I will bail anytime, especially once it makes me 10% or more.

I seldom trade a stock like DCUT but that technique of selling on strength and then buying the pullback can really multiply your holdings. If I'm lucky I find one of those trades a week and jump on it. DCUT is getting close now.

ww4321
5 posts
msg #29635
Ignore ww4321
11/4/2003 12:50:58 PM

what is MOAF??????????????????????

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29636
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/4/2003 1:28:50 PM

MOAF is my own filter. No, I don't publish filters but there are plenty of good ones in the Filter Exchange area.

nrd1exr
14 posts
msg #29640
Ignore nrd1exr
11/4/2003 8:48:10 PM

There is a guy out there named Jack Carter who claims that
he has a way to get all stocks 99% to move up. This list is in
a free Web-Site. Then he says that this list of stocks can
be refined by a triple filter to increase your chances even further.
This filter also comes in a free web site.
Does any one know what the guy is talking about?
Thanks,
Elias

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29646
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/5/2003 1:58:41 AM

Out of curiousity what does MOAF stand for?

Skeksis
36 posts
msg #29648
Ignore Skeksis
11/5/2003 2:10:53 AM

haha Mother Of All Filters

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29650
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/5/2003 11:14:33 AM

"It's NOT what you trade, it's HOW you trade it"

If the MOAF spits out XYZ as a buy and you buy it let's say for $5.00 and it goes to $6.00 that day. Do you sell?

If not, and it drops to $4 the next. What good was the filter?

The point is, you must TRADE the stock and MANAGE THE MONEY.
Failure to do so will result in loss. Don't blame the filter.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trading Tactics 101<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.