StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch Lists<< >>Post Follow-up
james549
53 posts
msg #34296
Ignore james549
12/9/2004 5:57:36 PM

Is there a way to write a filter, to pull the stocks into the filter from a specific Watch List?
Such as - Show stocks in watch List "NAME OF LIST"

xplorer
257 posts
msg #34300
Ignore xplorer
12/9/2004 9:21:55 PM

I think what you are asking is to show all the stocks in your "watch" list ...
... in my watch list called "Holdings"

show stocks where price is above 0 and apply to watchlist(Holdings)

james549
53 posts
msg #34302
Ignore james549
12/9/2004 9:43:19 PM

I was wondering if I could set up a filter to look for different conditions. Say by setting up a logic chain. The stocks it would pull in and apply to would be from a Watch list at my choosing. Say if I had a list of falling stocks. I could bring them into the logic filter to test for an indication of a jump.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #34304
Ignore xplorer
12/9/2004 9:58:16 PM

Once you have created a watch list ... this can be the results from one of your filters ... then you can further filter it... (this is taken directly from StockFetcher):

show stocks where MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and apply to watchlist(HotPicks)

james549
53 posts
msg #34306
Ignore james549
12/9/2004 10:28:34 PM

Thank you.
I was hoping there is a way to do this.
I'll give this a try.
Jim

james549
53 posts
msg #34307
Ignore james549
12/9/2004 10:39:23 PM

xplorer
Here is part of the idea I'm playing with.
Fetcher[show stocks were price is above 20

draw RSI(2)
draw Fast Stochastic(25,3) Fast %K
add column RSI(2)
add column 2 day slope of RSI(2)
add column Fast Stochastic(25,3) Fast %K
set{P1,(High+Low+Close,1)
Set{PP,P1/3}
add column PP
draw PP on main chart
Set{S1,(PP-(High,1)*2}
add column S1
draw S1 on main chart
Set{R1,(PP-(Low,1)*2}
add column R1
draw R1 on main Chart
and apply to watchlist(Paper)
]

xplorer
257 posts
msg #34309
Ignore xplorer
12/10/2004 6:22:24 AM

I cleaned it up for you .... but I took away a little that you may want to add back in...... but I'll be back to check in, tomorrow.

set{P1,High + Low + Close ,1}
Set{PP,P1/3}
Set{R1,PP- Low}
Set{R2,R1*2}
Set{S1,PP- High}
Set{S2,S1*2}
show stocks were price is above 20
draw RSI(2)
draw Fast Stochastic(25,3) Fast %K
add column RSI(2)
add column 2 day slope of RSI(2)
add column Fast Stochastic(25,3) Fast %K
add column PP
and draw PP
add column S2
and draw S2
add column R2
and draw R2
and apply to watchlist(paper)

james549
53 posts
msg #34310
Ignore james549
12/10/2004 7:34:56 AM

Thanks,

I'm still fumbling around with understanding the various syntax for adding things such as the pivot points. In this filter using the ,1 to mean one day ago. I thought this setup would be good with the pivot points, I could print them out and have them availible if I were watching the stocks for Buy and sell signals.
Maybe I,m barking up the wrong tree, but I curious as too this. - If you set up a few watch lists with various filters to fill from. Also have a number of filters using different indicators. Whether volume, RSI(2), a ratio between different ones, trends, or even produce some kind of sediment indictor say movement of sector or industry over the week ect. I might see a pattern develope for the individual stocks having the highest probabilty of what direction tomorrows move might be.

As an example I've been looking at Muddy's filter. I haven't gotten into penny stocks myself, just starting to learn about them. They deffinently have my attention. I tried appling Muddies with 60, 30, 2 average volume columns. It seems like about 50% of the matches when thier daily volume is greater than the 60, 30, 2 they turn up within a day or two. This is not a firm finding. Still playing with it.
Let me know your thoughts on this. Or if anyone else has any input it would be appreciated.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch Lists<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.