StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What simple searches produce the best results, that are back-tested?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
dabonenose
26 posts
msg #26312
Ignore dabonenose
4/27/2003 10:25:53 AM

Has there ever been a study done here that shows the most productive screens, % wise, time wise, etc., and what was the result, if it has been done.

It doesn't matter whether it is a canned screen or a developed screen?

I am fairly new at this and am looking for high percentage winning screens(aren't we all,,,LOL).

dabonenose
26 posts
msg #26313
Ignore dabonenose
4/27/2003 10:30:03 AM

In addition to the opening statement, I'm also looking for a high percentage, productive screen to start with that I can apply additional filters to, which will enhance the performance.

wallman
299 posts
msg #26315
Ignore wallman
4/27/2003 12:16:50 PM

HI DABONENSE,since you mention that you are fairly new at this,if i could offer you some friendly advice,IF you do find that screen you are talking about with high % and high production,learn money management correctly and you won't ever need anything else,why give yourself a chance to mess up a good screen like that by adding more filters to it,you'll have so many different combos of indicators that it will be very difficult to tell which ones are effecting which ones and to what degree,especially if you are newer to this, it's been written by many successful investors that money management is at least 75% of this game,wish you much success in the future,.....MUDDY

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #26420
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
5/7/2003 2:05:06 AM

Ok guys. Since I am getting awsome returns off the money flow index let me share. On average my picks produe 25% every 10 days and then I sell just because I feel confortable with that. Screen for stocks that have MFI that have been increasing for the last 2 or 3 days. That is it. Let me give you an example. Run this screen:

Show stocks where Money Flow Index (15) has been increasing over the last 2 days
and Average Volume(90) is above 50000
and close is between 0 and 2
and date offset is 10

That is offset by 10 trading days. Notice the huge gains so fast. The trick is to learn to read that filter without the date offset. What you have to do is study the heck out of all the charts including the ones that go down. There are certain identifiable patterns that go along with the stocks that go down and the ones that go up. I'm by no means saying this is a perfect method. I am just saying this is incredibly simple and provides me with the best choices for short term trading. I like short term trading with these because I can do compounding interest every 10 trading days. I usually buy a stock from that filter that I feel is about to go up a lot and then hold it for 10 days or until the day that it surges a large amount (like 25% in 1 day) and then i sell off. I then buy another. This system will make you a ton of money if you are not hesitant. You must not be hesitant or you will miss the boat. You can never predict what a stock will do so sitting around for that perfect stock is just a waste of time. At any moment a stock could plumit. The market works off of supply and demand so any other factor just doesn't matter. People react off of different things so predicting the market is ignorant. All you can do is use hindsight knowledge to help you. The MFI is the best indicator imo. Feel free to comment.

defghca
150 posts
msg #26421
Ignore defghca
5/7/2003 9:23:32 AM

adding filter +di(14) crossed over -di(14) within the last day improuves results

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #26450
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
5/8/2003 7:48:14 PM

that di works very well. Thanks for telling me.

holygrail
72 posts
msg #27162
Ignore holygrail
7/2/2003 10:04:48 PM

Fetcher[Show stocks where Money Flow Index (15) has been increasing over the last 2 days and Average Volume(90) is above 50000 and close is above .09 and date offset is 10 +di(14) crossed over -di(14) within the last day 30 day slope of the lri(60) is above 0 and low near Bottom linear Regression Line(60) and draw rsi(2) and draw rsi(3)]

Try this one on for size... remember all you need is ONE stock to make you rich.

FOR THE RECORD.. THIS IS NOT HOLYGRAIL.. I AM HIS TRADING BUDDY.

dmindy
42 posts
msg #27173
Ignore dmindy
7/3/2003 7:02:21 PM

So how about going into more detail about those identifiable patterns you mentioned?

ham1198
174 posts
msg #59991
Ignore ham1198
2/26/2008 9:30:55 PM

Fetcher[Show stocks where Money Flow Index (15) has been increasing over the last 2 days
and Average Volume(90) is above 50000
and close is above .09
and date offset is 6
and +di(14) crossed over -di(14) within the last day
and 30 day slope of the lri(60) is above 0
and low near Bottom linear Regression Line(60)
and draw rsi(2) a
nd draw rsi(3)
]

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #59996
Ignore EWZuber
2/27/2008 12:18:39 AM

I do have to disdagree wiotgh one point that Noahedwinbeach made. He said," ...The market works off of supply and demand so any other factor just doesn't matter. People react off of different things so predicting the market is ignorant. All you can do is use hindsight knowledge to help you...."

Moves large or small can be predicted ahead of time, I have done this many, many times. It has to do with stochastic waves and their additive effect.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What simple searches produce the best results, that are back-tested?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.