StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What we need to do...<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #64674
Ignore marine2
7/3/2008 9:51:42 PM

I say this, all of us needs to stop trading until the markets, and the world adjusts itself to a lower standard of living. Choosing stocks is NOT like it used to be. Logical ways of picking companies is not there. Everything is illogical. It's time we circled our wagons and protect our savings.

There are invisible forces out there today waiting to drop a sector of our markets in a heart beat. Why the gloom and doom you say, well look around you and see how our life is deterioting. Millions of people in the United States have lost billions of dollars to stupid people that supposedly led us down prim rose lane then pushed off an unseen cliff.

See whats around you and act accordingly. That certainly is not investing like it was just a normal day. How about all of us putting our money into Treasury notes or the money market until this bad stench of an economy turns around again. Which could be another 5 years from now.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #64676
Ignore alf44
7/3/2008 10:07:53 PM

GAWD !!!

Please tell me I'm dreaming !!!

Please tell me "pollyannas" like you...don't really exist !!!

Grow a pair...trade the MARKET...JEEEEZ !!!

Regards,

alf44

marine2
963 posts
msg #64678
Ignore marine2
7/3/2008 10:11:00 PM

Sure when the economic hurricane finally passes I will until then this smart guy is sitting on his money.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #64679
Ignore alf44
modified
7/3/2008 10:13:37 PM

...traders trade...

...if YOU feel YOU need to sit on the sidelines...do it !!!

...I repeat...TRADERS TRADE !!!

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #64681
Ignore luc1grunt
7/3/2008 10:31:51 PM

the last 6 (8, 10, 12, 24) months have been fat with opportunities. Daily opportunities worth 5 figures consistently.

Are you serious? I agree passive income is worth less than inflation, but trade the volatility.

Great traders market.

marine2
963 posts
msg #64682
Ignore marine2
7/3/2008 10:34:41 PM

And speculators speculate and thats why our barrel of oil has went unrealistically haywire. Go into YouTube and find Newt Gingrich's advice as to how to correct this oil speculating problem. He has a 3 step approach which makes all of us sit up and take notice. If we all watched his solution it would create a groundswell movement so huge our government would have no choice but to take action towards his strategy. This is why I said in earlier threads that there were invisible actions going on that was dropping stocks and markets in such a fashion it shocked everyone. Look at the auto companies shocking drops. Also, dropping its suppliers to which drops other services like the proverbial domino effect. And you say this is a traders dream. Like talking to a boxer that loves beating on another persons skull. He the hitter enjoys it but ask the guy thats getting hit if he does.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #64697
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/4/2008 12:28:26 AM

marine2 -

I must say, that if any of the masses took your advice, we would be in a heap of trouble! See, the only thing that's going to "turn things around" is...more trading! There are only two forms of business that built the foundation of our great country....and they are the STOCK MARKET and the REAL ESTATE market! That's it! One could say it was the OIL industry or the Railroads...but where do you think they got the majority of their investors? THE STOCK MARKET!

Did we "stop trading" after the "Towers" went down? Or did we stop after our generation's most recent "crash" in '87? We're not a country of cowards, and we don't take losing at face value. We fight, and we usually prevail. The Market god's will throw us a bone in the next month, but ernings is again right around the corner. You think last qtr was bad?...wait till you get a load from THIS qtr! I'm gonna make a fortune shorting these bad companies in the financial sector! Hey man, just flip the s&p chart upside down, and as "TRO" once put it...."GET URE SHORTS ON!...because this market (S&P) is going to crash all the way to the 800 level over the next two years! And that will be the reason for my early retirement baby! I'll then be writing you guys from a white sandy beach on a remote Island in Tahiti! All because why?....because there's always two way's to skin a cat!

- WALLSTREETGENIUS

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #64698
Ignore alf44
7/4/2008 1:26:02 AM

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #64704
Ignore luc1grunt
7/4/2008 7:12:50 AM

marine....we are in a world of shit no 2 ways about it. Inflation vastly outstripping any passive / relatively secure interest, prices on ALL goods and services effected by oil, but you have little choice in your actions because you cannot control the big picture, only adapt.

My post was based on the nature of this site and forum. If you are trader, this is an opportunity filled environment. The bigger, "world" picture can cause depression and coule take up several thousand threads.

The media has painted the "speculators are to blame" picture, but remember, someone is buying and someone is selling....that is liquidity and free markets. I understand the margin effects, but that is a deeper issue.

Some solutions:

Buy ammo

Buy large dogs

put your cash under the mattress.

Some tongue in cheek on my part, but unfortunately attitude is EVERYTHING when you are dealing with forces you CANNOT control.

GL everyone and have a GREAT 4th OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · What we need to do...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.