StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Working on my next trend Scan...Help with EMA OPEN/CLOSE..Please!<< >>Post Follow-up
Joules360
30 posts
msg #33311
Ignore Joules360
9/18/2004 10:13:50 PM

I tried to write this scan myself....I couldn't find a sample to see if this could work..I use this as a basic strategy on trading FOREX on a 5 min chart..and I believe it could work on a daily chart as well for my swing trading.

Long Trend Scan:
Closed EMA(5) crossed above open EMA(8)

Short Trend Scan:
Closed EMA (5) crossed below open EMA(8)

Doesn't seem to scan correctly... is it possible to scan for an OPEN EMA 8?
Ofcourse I have to add the other vol and price filters later...but this is the main premise of the scan.

Thanks in advance!
Joules360

defghca
150 posts
msg #33312
Ignore defghca
9/19/2004 6:58:27 AM

try:
Fetcher[ema(5) crossed above cema(open,8)]

cema custom exponential moving average

when looking for a special function or indicator, check the announcements in the forum or the index. of course reading the SF user's guide would not hurt.

i leave you the second part as an exercise

Joules360
30 posts
msg #33320
Ignore Joules360
9/19/2004 8:58:13 PM

defghca:

Thankyou!..... I appreciate the help......I really should read the manual.

Joules360

cegis
235 posts
msg #33324
Ignore cegis
9/20/2004 8:53:52 AM

Joules360,

Read the Announcements forum first. Most of the "good stuff" is there. The manual is a bit out of date...

HTH,

C

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Working on my next trend Scan...Help with EMA OPEN/CLOSE..Please!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.