StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday Trend Watch: S&P 500<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 >>Post Follow-up
maxreturn
745 posts
msg #60938
Ignore maxreturn
4/1/2008 12:10:16 PM

Niko. You're probably already aware of this but I just like to take a peek at all of the industries on the home page to see just how broad based a rally is. The far left hand column has been showing green for most industries since early on. Many up 2% or more on the day.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60943
Ignore nikoschopen
4/1/2008 1:45:32 PM

Well, I've just went short at 1360. Wish me luck!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60944
Ignore nikoschopen
4/1/2008 2:23:57 PM

Should there be another retching to the upside caused in part by the johnnie-come-latelies, my source tells me the S&P should close near 1375. Scary thought indeed.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60945
Ignore nikoschopen
4/1/2008 3:20:46 PM

I see a double-top forming on the 5-min chart. There could possibly be a reversal here, however small it may be.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #61044
Ignore nikoschopen
4/3/2008 3:23:14 PM

Most of the rallies that took place just before the Dow shot up to 14,000 was largely driven by mass hysteria. Why do I get the same uneasy feeling now?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #61056
Ignore chetron
4/3/2008 9:07:01 PM

maxreturn
- Ignore maxreturn 4/1/2008 12:10:16 PM

Niko. You're probably already aware of this but I just like to take a peek at all of the industries on the home page to see just how broad based a rally is. The far left hand column has been showing green for most industries since early on. Many up 2% or more on the day.

that is a nice feature.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #61174
Ignore karennma
4/7/2008 9:23:46 AM

nikoschopen 4/3/2008 3:23:14 PM
Most of the rallies that took place just before the Dow shot up to 14,000 was largely driven by mass hysteria. Why do I get the same uneasy feeling now?

=========================================================

Looks like DOW will have another 200+ day today.
Talkingheads on CNBC .. "we've seen the bottom!" ...
LOL! Bottom my @$$!!
This reminds me of 2007 ... things get worse, and market keeps going up.
Definition of a Bull Trap:
A false signal indicating that a decling trend in a stock or index has reversed and is heading upwards when, in fact, the security will continue to decline.
I'm gonna short this BS bigtime!!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #61196
Ignore nikoschopen
4/7/2008 2:57:06 PM

Well, you and I certainly will go down in StockFetcher history as not-so-brainy traders who marked the decisive break from the pack of hopeless buffoons in need of redemption. Lets just hope that we're right. lol

For the time being, you can take solace in the latest prediction made by my crystal ball, which sez the S&P 500 will drop by as much as 20% from here and should be trading at or near 1100 by mid-June.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #61203
Ignore karennma
4/7/2008 8:28:17 PM

nikoschopen 4/7/2008 2:57:06 PM
For the time being, you can take solace in the latest prediction made by my crystal ball, which sez the S&P 500 will drop by as much as 20% from here and should be trading at or near 1100 by mid-June.

========================================================

Sweet!
I'm ready ... and lookin' forward to it!
$$$$$$
k.
:>)

zeezeetop
30 posts
msg #61204
Ignore zeezeetop
4/7/2008 8:30:14 PM

Keep in mind that the Fed still has one or two more bullets left in the chamber. That should give one or two small to medium size rallies. Then the 'let our children pay for our mistakes' give away starts and that could go two different ways. If we all go to the local restaurants and have a nice meal or two, then the US economy will benefit. If we go to Best Buy or Circuit CIty and buy electronic gadgets, then bet on Chinese stocks.

Reaganonomics, or spending to refurbish a bunch of old rusty ships, propelled the Japanese economy and when the Reagan spending stopped, so did the Japanese economy. Shipyard workers bought Toyotas and Nissans instead of Chevies and Fords. They bought Sony instead of Zenith.

The Olympic spending in China will stop in the fall so expect a fall in the foreign markets to start then. Look at the Bollinger-Keltner graph presented several weeks ago. It's Deja VOO all over again. I am trying to be realistic and mention historical events that could give us some idea of what's ahead.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday Trend Watch: S&P 500<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.