StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · filter based on results x days ago<< >>Post Follow-up
hscott
34 posts
msg #52508
Ignore hscott
6/25/2007 9:26:05 PM

Possibly a dumb idea but here goes. Suppose I have a filter F. I want a filter F1 which is F plus a measure of results of F x days ago. In other words, F1 returns results of F only if the performance results of F x days ago was above 0 (or above a certain limit). Of course I could do this manually but that is more cumbersome.

So the question is - how do I write F1 given that I know F?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52516
Ignore nikoschopen
6/25/2007 10:50:37 PM

You need to be more specific in ure request. Just what constitutes "F" and what additional criteria are you looking to add for "F1"?

hscott
34 posts
msg #52518
Ignore hscott
6/25/2007 10:58:32 PM

OK "F" just stands for any filter you choose. I only want results from F1 if, as of today, the results from the stocks returned by F 5 days ago are positive. (Or x days ago or above 1% or...). In other word if the 5 day performance of F is negative, then F1 gives a null result.

Hope that makes it cleare - don't know how better to say it.

corsino
259 posts
msg #52522
Ignore corsino
6/26/2007 12:24:01 AM

Accurately predicting filter performance based on past performance may be harder than predicting future performance of a single stock.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52524
Ignore nikoschopen
6/26/2007 12:43:29 AM

Believe it or not, another user asked the same question. Take a look here. I believe the either the "count()" or "day()" function will solve ure problem as well.

hscott
34 posts
msg #52537
Ignore hscott
6/26/2007 8:30:02 AM

Yes I saw that thread and realized the similiarity. I would like to use days or count but as far as I know there is no way to use anything about the results of a filter IN a filter. I hope I am wrong about this but I don't know how to do it.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · filter based on results x days ago<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.