StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help with filter<< >>Post Follow-up
sinhaprashantk
9 posts
msg #32228
Ignore sinhaprashantk
6/2/2004 4:20:35 PM

Hi,

I am trying to create a filter that will give me stocks for which:

MACD Histogram is 0 (or approaching 0 from above) and Slow Stochastic(14,3) %K is 75 (or approaching 75 from above)

thanks,
P

xplorer
257 posts
msg #32234
Ignore xplorer
6/2/2004 9:02:59 PM

Looks like you are after those shorts ...
... I think you'll like the results !

Fetcher[MACD histogram less than 0.50 and
MACD histogram greater than 0 and
Slow Stochastic(14,3) %K is above 75 and
Slow Stochastic(14,3) %K is decreasing
]

wildmap
7 posts
msg #32241
Ignore wildmap
6/3/2004 9:27:47 AM

How would you add a falling ADX requirement to the MACD and slow stochastic screening profile above?

The ADX is part of the DMI+ DMI-, with the ADX falling when a strong uptrend is not present, and rising when a strong underlying trend is present. Over-bought and over-sold indicators have a much higher degree of success when the ADX is falling versus results when the ADX is rising.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #32243
Ignore xplorer
6/3/2004 12:27:59 PM

nice addition ...

Fetcher[
MACD histogram less than 0.50 and
MACD histogram greater than 0 and
Slow Stochastic(14,3) %K is above 75 and
Slow Stochastic(14,3) %K is decreasing
ADX(14) decreasing for 4 days
and offset 0 days
]

Fare Well !

wildmap
7 posts
msg #32254
Ignore wildmap
6/3/2004 3:58:55 PM

Thanks.

Has anyone figured out the best way to back-test screening filters to see which work the best? I did a lot of back-testing with the OmniTrader software years ago, but I no longer have access to such a set-up.

Might be interesting to run some tests to find the best combination.

sinhaprashantk
9 posts
msg #32256
Ignore sinhaprashantk
6/3/2004 5:08:55 PM

Thanks xplorer!

This filter works well for the short term. One will have to look at the fast stochastics too.
How about: Buying when fast stochastic %K reaches 50 from the bottom and holding untill slow stochastic %K shows a clear decline. Likewise, sell when fast stochastic %K reaches 50 from top and hold untill slow stochastic %K shows a clear increase.

-P

cegis
235 posts
msg #32262
Ignore cegis
6/4/2004 9:51:14 AM

wildmap,

I read in a thread here yesterday a link to "Geodepe's Stock Filter Analysis" web page, at https://www.ipropel.com:8443/stocks/direct.jsp . I've tried to run a filter or two through it, but it doesn't seem to return results. That may be because I'm not being patient enough, though. I'm running one today that I plan on letting run all day, if necessary. The site DOES show some results for "public" filters...

HTH,

C

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · help with filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.