StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · holygrail (xdayhold) revisited<< >>Post Follow-up
killertrader
18 posts
msg #51904
Ignore killertrader
6/1/2007 10:59:04 AM

This site is up and running again, and it's working pretty well. I believe they capitalize on daily volatility, finding stocks that are trending up, have a large range, getting in at the open, and using a profit stop.

I don't know much about volatility, but has anyone ever tried combining a volatility indicator (Chaikin's, day range, ATR, etc.) with their favorite oscillator or with candle patterns and tried to scalp like these guys seem to be doing?

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #51907
Ignore SFMc01
6/1/2007 11:54:41 AM

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #51908
Ignore SFMc01
6/1/2007 11:59:36 AM

Like many, I'm also looking for the "Holy Grail." I look forward to your comments.

By "this site" do you mean StockFetcher?"
When you say, "they capitalize," who are you referring to?

Same question when you say "these guys."

killertrader
18 posts
msg #51911
Ignore killertrader
modified
6/1/2007 1:39:24 PM

Please refer to the previous post "my holygrail." Hence the name "holygrail revisited."

By "this site," I mean "that site."
By "they capitalize," I mean "they take advantage of," or "they profit from," or "they exploit." I am referring to the proprietors of "that site."
By "these guys," I mean "those guys."

Is that OK, counselor? I'm not under oath, am I?

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #51913
Ignore SFMc01
6/1/2007 2:24:36 PM

I'm sincerely sorry, Killer. No offense intended.

I went to the other site and did not see where you had made any posting. Are you referring to the 2dayhold site mentioned in that posting?

I also tried to search on "xday" which you included in your post and did not see where that came from

If you can be helpful, great! If not, that's OK too.

killertrader
18 posts
msg #51914
Ignore killertrader
6/1/2007 3:24:31 PM

Yes, I meant 2dayhold, which has since become 1dayhold. Their record is impressive, and I can vouch for it, for what that's worth. We've had some fun trying to reverse engineer their picks.

Sorry for the sarcasm. I can't help myself sometimes.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · holygrail (xdayhold) revisited<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.