StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · new to the game--lady needs help<< >>Post Follow-up
billyspradling
13 posts
msg #63432
Ignore billyspradling
6/6/2008 11:43:50 AM

trying to make a filter that will give me stocks that have lost each month for the last 12 months and then gained for each of the last 4 weeks,

when i write the filter like this it shows some months up instead of down and the last 4 weeks some weeks down instead of up

show me stocks where the close is > 8% down for each of the last 12 months and then the close is up > 2% for each of the last 4 weeks

many thanks to anyone that can help me with this filter!!!!

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #63454
Ignore dwiggains
6/6/2008 9:29:25 PM

Hi
I have a start for you
I did not get any hits because you filter is to restrictive.

Fetcher[
close > 2% above close 5 days ago and
close 5 days ago > 2% above close 10 days ago and
close 10 days ago > 2% above close 15 days ago and

close 20 days ago > 8% below close 40 days ago
]

If I add anymore restrictions I get zero hits.
To finish your filter you would need to add.

close 25 days ago >2% above close 20 days ago and
close 40 days ago > 8% below close 60 days ago

and so on till you get as many months back as you want.
Hope it helps
See ya
David

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #63475
Ignore chetron
modified
6/7/2008 3:38:10 PM

nice work, david, but you must of had your globals on. i get over 15 hits on the below.

Fetcher[

close 25 days ago >2% above close 20 days ago and
close 40 days ago > 8% below close 60 days ago

]

TRO taught me to write filters in the forum as a follow up and test them in the preview message page. this works well.

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #63500
Ignore dwiggains
6/9/2008 9:13:47 AM

Thanks Chetron
Learn something everyday.
See ya
David

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · new to the game--lady needs help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.