StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · real-time SF!!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28530
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/12/2003 4:53:12 PM

eyoung...

Read the fine print on Scottrade.

I have a Scottrade account. I don't use it.

If you trade a stock under $1, you get hit with a hefty commission.

Scottrade does not interface with QuoteTracker.

Scottrade's live data feed leaves little to be desired.

There's more but this is enough.

Ameritrade or Freetrade much better than Scottrade IMHO.

eyoung
42 posts
msg #28532
Ignore eyoung
9/12/2003 5:47:30 PM

rump,
have you tried the new scottrade elite. You no longer have to open your browser, all you do is click on your scottrade elite icon and your layout is ready to trade, regarding stocks under a dollar they charge .5% on principal, i dont buy stocks under dollar or really day trade, The reason i like scottrade is that they have an office in my area and i know the guy quit well.
eyoung

xplorer
257 posts
msg #28545
Ignore xplorer
9/12/2003 11:20:11 PM

Unfortunately I work ... so am unable to fully take advantage of intraday trading. I am able to trade during the day ...just not glued to the monitor. I would be interested in the intraday tools, but the cost would be the decision maker for me. I agree it should be offered as an optional subscription upgrade.

dgvanstr
... I agree ... mixing some fundamental numbers with the technicals would be great ... like short ratio ... float ... price to book ... now that would be the icing !

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28564
Ignore rrochon
9/13/2003 5:34:19 PM

Investrade, Etrade, Interactive Brokers and Freetrade all offer real time quotes. Possibly most brokers do. What they do not have is real time charts. MSN does have free, real time line charts. You have to register, but there is no charge. Actually, I think it is a couple minutes delay, but pretty close to real time. Maybe it is updated every few minutes.

Regarding the intra-day filters. I think that would be a good feature, and would be willing to pay double rate, but I would like to have the option to try it and return to the EOD filters if I wanted.

I would oppose any change that we could not opt out of.

Dick

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · real-time SF!!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.