StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 1% 1-2 day filter, Niko, JP and TRO - Does this appear to do that?<< >>Post Follow-up
gpwestfall
12 posts
msg #59551
Ignore gpwestfall
2/9/2008 6:07:54 PM

TSI Histogram(3,4,2) above 0
stochastics(12,26,9) %k crossed above stochastics(12,26,9) %d
slow stochastics(15,3) %k below 30
momentum below -.2
emv(4) less than 0
parabolic sar below open

Looking for input and improvement on quest for a filter to make quick 1% strikes between 1 and 2 days.

TIA.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #59556
Ignore chetron
2/9/2008 8:06:31 PM

CLICKABLE....

Fetcher[

TSI Histogram(3,4,2) above 0
stochastics(12,26,9) %k crossed above stochastics(12,26,9) %d
slow stochastics(15,3) %k below 30
momentum below -.2
emv(4) less than 0
parabolic sar below open

]

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59562
Ignore nikoschopen
2/9/2008 10:29:55 PM

It's not my place to judge how effective ure filter is since I'm not familiar with most of the indicators used, at least their parameters. But I personally believe there are way too many indicators. It's my belief that more ain't necessarily better, although it could actually save you time from overanalysis.

gpwestfall
12 posts
msg #59569
Ignore gpwestfall
2/9/2008 11:58:47 PM

Niko I do appreciate the response anyway. Imagine TRO will not weigh in based on the fact that I am using "lagging" indicators but maybe he will spice the filter up a bit for me for statistical analysis. I'll hold out for JP and see what he may or may not have to offer. Thanks again Niko and keep educating us.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #59584
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
2/10/2008 2:05:09 PM

I have already written and posted the RUN FOREST, RUN filters that will show you the stocks that run the most.

Indicators have nothing to do with it.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #59595
Ignore johnpaulca
2/11/2008 8:56:43 AM

gpwestfall...way too many indicators, it will be too confusing. I have tried many indicators in the past and always found them late to the party. If you must use an indicator, find one or two and study it well, see how it behaves when the market is up, down and sideways. I personally don't use any for my trade decisions. I find Support/ Resistance then pay close attention to the price action...imho.

gpwestfall
12 posts
msg #59630
Ignore gpwestfall
2/11/2008 6:58:11 PM

TRO will be glad to know I converted to "statistical, dart at the chart on the wall with a level and a pencil" methods. Thanks to all for responses. 1st day of statistical analysis trading and tuned out rather nicely. Indeed, Run Forest Run!

Thx JP for response.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 1% 1-2 day filter, Niko, JP and TRO - Does this appear to do that?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.