StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for one week return but shorting: still developing but interesting<< >>Post Follow-up
jim_c_hill
61 posts
msg #27225
Ignore jim_c_hill
7/6/2003 12:09:37 AM

I just posted a note about a weekly filter for being long on a weekly basis. Here is the reverse logic for a short. However, I added to it that the close must be below a certain moving average, that the macd is negative and the slope of the close is definitely negative. With shorts, you have to be really sure you have a true downtrend and having it below a weekly ma and macd helps the analysis. If you ever get a lot of stocks on this filter, it may suggest that the market is not in good shape.

Fetcher[Show stocks where weekly close is below weekly ma(7) and weekly Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K crossed below weekly Fast Stochastic(5,3) Slow %D within the last 1 day and Fast Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is above 50 and rsi(14) is below 50 and 3 day slope of the close is below .2 and Average Volume(90) is above 50000 and close is between 5 and 250 and macd is below 0]

An interesting trading scenario might be to be long one filter and short the other, but weight them according to one's view of the market.
JH

jim_c_hill
61 posts
msg #27227
Ignore jim_c_hill
7/6/2003 12:14:09 AM

Note: This one is not as good as the long model. I would not trade it yet, but it suggests some design ideas. I think it does need to be simplied a little and a better predictor of shorting characteristics used.

I have metastock and could program many of the filters, but not all; however, I do not have a large database to use with metastock. Thus stockfetcher is nice for developing some ideas.

JH

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for one week return but shorting: still developing but interesting<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.