StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Hello, nice to meet you all. Anybody willing to help a newbie stop losing money?<< >>Post Follow-up
ZXenigma
7 posts
msg #65804
Ignore ZXenigma
8/4/2008 4:52:54 PM

Hi everybody, I’m new to trading and to this site. I’ve been losing money despite the fact that I’m playing mostly the downside so any help would be much appreciated. I would really like to become successful before I give up out of frustration. I love trading, but would be nice if I could make some money.

I really appreciate everybody posting their scans, but the only problem is….. I don’t know how to use them!

I tried backtesting for instance WALLSTREETGENIUS’s Absolute bottom filter, and it returned negative ROI for long position, and positive for short plays. But this makes no sense because the scan is obviously for long plays right? I looked at the charts for a one month offset and almost ALL of them bottomed out and then went to the sky. Very amazing

So I guess what I’m asking, is. how do I deploy these awesome scans you’ve written? How do I even know what they do? Because it seems like backtesting is weird and not really helping me figure it out.

Also, I suggested to SF that they have a page where we may post our scans with an explanation of what they do, and how to use them.

Heres my example of what it would look like.

JOES LONG PLAY
FINDS STOCSK IN A PULLBACK, POISED FOR CONTINUATION
USE IN BULLISH MARKETS

Anyway, thanks again, anything I could learn to be successful I would be forever grateful.

Vinny

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Hello, nice to meet you all. Anybody willing to help a newbie stop losing money?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.