StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help! Simple filter will not work as filter but does work when backtested<< >>Post Follow-up
nomadrx
8 posts
msg #114657
Ignore nomadrx
7/26/2013 1:14:33 PM

Created this simple filter, but when I run it, it show 0 stocks. If I use "date offset", still not stocks. However, if I run backtesting, it works? Can anyone see why this would not work as a filter?

Show stocks where MA(20) crossed above MA(50)
and MA(50) crossed above MA(100)

Thanks!

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #114659
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
7/26/2013 1:36:48 PM

That set of conditions is pretty limiting ... both crosses must occur on the same day. Not a lot of candidates for that simultaneous event would be my guess.

duke56468
683 posts
msg #114660
Ignore duke56468
7/26/2013 1:42:30 PM

Maybe try adjusting this, they would have to happen simultaneously the way it was written

Fetcher[Show stocks where MA(20) crossed above MA(50)
and MA(50) is above MA(100)
]

nomadrx
8 posts
msg #114668
Ignore nomadrx
7/28/2013 10:56:17 AM

Thanks, this is new to me and I'm learning fast by going through the forums to understand the nuances of the programming a little better.

I modified it so that it looked for both of these crosses occurring in the last 2 days and it uncovered the one that popped up during the backtesting, as well as two others. I had not realized that by not specifying the number of days, it was causing the filter to find stocks where both criteria occurred on the same day... which was very limiting. However, I will still be backtesting that "same day" filter out of curiosity to see if it turns out to be a major turning point.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help! Simple filter will not work as filter but does work when backtested<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.