StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How to find stocks with a great filter?<< >>Post Follow-up
Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67753
Ignore Sqwii
9/25/2008 5:01:28 PM

If I should make a filter what would be the best filter?

How do you earn money in stockmarket?

The ONLY way to earn a lot of money is to BUY low and SELL high!

So how do we make a filter for buying low and selling high?

Lets look which indicator we have for that....

To find stocks which are "LOW" we are going to use RSI or Williams, both of the brilliant tools...

So are we going to think LONG term or SHORT term?

I think most people in here are REALLY short term.. so we will try to make a short term filter.

If we should use a short term filter we are going to use RSI(2).

So when RSI(2) is below 20 it is a good BUY signal for buying low.

How do we know that this is going to go up then? We really need something to figure out that people are really BUYING a lot of these stocks and the stock is not going to be manipulated with...

So we are going to look at Money Flow index and OBV as the best indicators to figure out that.

Then we use OBV and MFI have been increasing the last 3 days ( 3 days because then it is going to turn around and not just 1 day so it could be a FAKE)

Williams(2) would also have to be UNDER -80 BUT is going to turn UP!

So this is a easy and great filter which could give some good short term points after my oppinion for holding 1-3 days..

I will try here:

Find stocks where RSI(2) is below 20
OBV and MFI have been increasing the last 3 days
Williams(2) is below 80 and is increasing last 1 day

This is my version of it, I really dont know if there is any other good indicators for turning points at the REAL BOTTOM short term..but think RSI, WILLIAMS, OBV and MFI is the best way to look at

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67755
Ignore Sqwii
9/25/2008 6:30:42 PM

Another nice filter for fetching stocks which have been falling a LOT with huge volume and is ready to make a bottom

Fetcher[Show stocks where the volume rate of change has reached a new 1 year high
RSI(14) below 30
]

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #67756
Ignore Sqwii
9/25/2008 6:38:14 PM

Or
Going for short term nice entry point
Fetcher[Volume Rate of Change(12) above 100
RSI(5) below 30
obv have been increasing last 1 day
]

mystiq
650 posts
msg #67773
Ignore mystiq
9/26/2008 8:47:40 AM

Find stocks where RSI(2) is below 20
OBV and MFI have been increasing the last 3 days
Williams(2) is below 80 and is increasing last 1 day
====================================================================================

*edited filter-->*
Find stocks where RSI(2) is below 1
MFI > MFI 3-days ago
OBV > OBV 3-days ago
Williams(2) is < -80
Williams(2) > Williams(2) 1-day ago

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67774
Ignore chetron
modified
9/26/2008 8:58:23 AM

CLICKABLE..

again obv kills it.

Fetcher[

RSI(2) is below 1
MFI > MFI 3-days ago
/* OBV > OBV 3-days ago */
Williams %r(2) is < -80
Williams %r(2) > Williams %r(2) 1-day ago

]

mystiq
650 posts
msg #67811
Ignore mystiq
9/27/2008 4:00:54 AM

9/26/2008 8:58:23 AM

CLICKABLE..

again obv kills it.

Fetcher[

RSI(2) is below 1
MFI > MFI 3-days ago
/* OBV > OBV 3-days ago */
Williams %r(2) is < -80
Williams %r(2) > Williams %r(2) 1-day ago
================================================================================

-chetron =>thanks for the edit...but why don't you like On Balance Volume? doesn't it help confirm?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67819
Ignore chetron
9/27/2008 11:46:49 AM

mystiq

-chetron =>thanks for the edit...but why don't you like On Balance Volume? doesn't it help confirm?

when i include your OBV line in the filter, i get zero results forever. what results do you get???????????

i figure obv being greater than yesterday if rsi(2) is below 1 is too rare of an event to be useful.

mystiq
650 posts
msg #67832
Ignore mystiq
9/28/2008 1:27:50 PM

9/27/2008 11:46:49 AM

mystiq

when i include your OBV line in the filter, i get zero results forever. what results do you get???????????

i figure obv being greater than yesterday if rsi(2) is below 1 is too rare of an event to be useful.
==================================================================================
-->thanks chetron, i didnt think of that....

marine2
963 posts
msg #67883
Ignore marine2
9/29/2008 8:34:51 PM

Lol, finding the bottom of a particular stock in this market is like playing Russian roulette with a machine gun. Goodluck.

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #67950
Ignore dwiggains
modified
9/30/2008 4:11:12 PM

Amen
marine2

See ya
David

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How to find stocks with a great filter?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.