StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MACD/RSI Divergence Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
cello13
88 posts
msg #48947
Ignore cello13
1/5/2007 3:37:17 AM

Hi all

I think, some will like this filter.

Thanks to TRO and Riggs for some parts of it, which I put in. Please tell me your thoughts and - of course - your suggestions!

Fetcher[dma(28,-14) more than 5 % above close
close 1 day ago is more than 5% below close 6 days ago
rsi(2)1 day ago above rsi(2)6 days ago
macd histogram(4,8) 1 day ago above macd histogram(4,8) 6 days ago
macd histogram(4,8) increasing for the last 1 day

average volume(90) above 100000
market is not otcbb

Set{MACDDiff, MACD fast line(4,8) - MACD slow line(4,8) }
set{MACDb,days(MACDDiff is above MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDa,days(MACDDiff is below MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDX, MACDa - MACDb}

Draw MA(20)
Average volume(90)is above 100000
Add column DMA(28,-14)
Add column MACDX
Add column wrval
sort column 7 ascending
close is between 0.5 and 50
market is not otcbb

/* ACCUMULATION WARM POP-80 */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE RSI(7) */

set{rsval, INDPOSITION(RSI(7), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(7) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(7), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %R(7) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %R(7), 60) * 100 }

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval
draw linear regression(60)

set{Diff, DMA(28,-14) minus close}
set{Diff%, Diff * 100 divided by close}

add column diff%
]

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #48956
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
1/5/2007 12:10:29 PM

Cello -

Looks as though you have been paying close attention. As a suggestion, I would go with a "DMA 3% above close" rather than 5%. I used to use 5% when I first constructed DMA, but found many more hits with 3%. Good luck with your filter Cello, looks to be a fine one at that.

- RIGGS -

cello13
88 posts
msg #49039
Ignore cello13
modified
1/8/2007 11:22:03 AM

Hi Riggs

Thx for your advice. I tried both - 3% and 5% - and the difference in Results in not that great. 5% took out a lot of the "red" ones ;-).

What do you think about the market direction actually? In my opinion, we're still in a bull market with a short correction... Despite, I don't like the bearish engulfing (weekly chart) on QQQQ 4 weeks ago.

Cheers
Cello

bloosteak
35 posts
msg #49290
Ignore bloosteak
1/16/2007 2:08:29 AM

one of the results was ALY, I don't see any divergence. where is it?

marine2
963 posts
msg #49301
Ignore marine2
1/16/2007 12:54:14 PM

I added an extra line to show companies filtered here with its price rising on trend basis. I added "and ma(50) increasing previous 3 days". Yes, it cuts the filtered numbers down but when I did the backtest with my particular exit parameters it really made alot of money in the designated time frame. It made over $20,000 dollars.
I am not sure however why a particular filter such as this would show a negative ROI ? It doesn't make sense when at the same time it shows it made over $20,000 bucks on trades during the designated period? Run it out and see if you see what I am seeing.

cello13
88 posts
msg #49322
Ignore cello13
modified
1/17/2007 2:42:50 AM

@bloosteak

Look at the RSI(2). While close made a new low, RSI(2) didn't as well... may have a look at it @ www.prophet.net. You'll see, what I mean...

@marine2

Don't care about backtesting. I prefer having a look at the charts myself. Just a few days back. Most of the shares have an upwards move after finding them. Of course, a lot of them will correct this movement again and result will be negative... That's the matter of backtesting IMO!

marine2
963 posts
msg #49338
Ignore marine2
1/17/2007 5:03:26 PM

I stand corrected concerning what I was stating on my earlier posting. I was stating that from this filter I was getting a backtest result with a negative ROI figure well that was not correct. I had my backtest setting wrong and now it shows a very positive number. I also stated incorrectly that this filter made during my designated period over $20,000 well with my backtest setting correction that too is not correct, it now shows a profit of over $15,000 instead. All happy info on this filter I may add.

Backtesting does give you a warm and fuzzy feeling on a particular filter opposed to another one. With all the filters we do produce in here it does make sense to have a way to find the better ones and use them instead of not knowing which ones are the best in a blind way. Backtesting for many of us helps to simplify our filter use.

cello13
88 posts
msg #49350
Ignore cello13
1/18/2007 5:09:37 AM

I don't mind if you backtest and publish your results. Despite there are a few bugs in backtesting, it shows, which filters may have better results. So it's possible to compare them. IMO it's best to have a direct look at the results, when you decide to use a filter...

marine2
963 posts
msg #49370
Ignore marine2
1/18/2007 10:17:10 PM

Bottomline is, you have a very nice filter you created.

cello13
88 posts
msg #49375
Ignore cello13
1/19/2007 2:11:07 AM

Thx for the compliments! Hope you'll make some $ with it :-)

Take "share" :-)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MACD/RSI Divergence Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.