StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Strong or weak stocks that dont really care what the market is doing.<< >>Post Follow-up
mdl060374
94 posts
msg #73396
Ignore mdl060374
modified
4/8/2009 5:47:25 PM

How many times have we found the "great setup" (long or short) only to have the market reverse and take us out of a promising trade.

Its easy to look back at strong stocks and big 10% daily candles and try to wait for there next rally, only to realize the market was working directly in conjunction on those days...

Anyone have any ideas that could look for historically strong stocks (similar to TRO's RFR) that basically have their own "personality" and dont need a market rally to run?

Obviously lt BIG down days have to be taken into consideration, but I guess what I am looking for something that kind of filter that finds momentum stocks (not OTCBB btw) that act on thier own behalf, and have their statistics somewhat price out S&P behavior.

I really like TRO's RFR, am just looking wracking my brain, for any thoughts on a way to tweek it and weed out excessive market behavior that skews the stats...

Am I making sense here? thoughts?

screenulator
6 posts
msg #73484
Ignore screenulator
4/12/2009 4:43:20 PM

That is why it is important to keep an eye on the overall market sentiment.

What you want is negative beta which measures the volatility correlation to overal market or benchmark. dont know how it works in SF but even google screener has it.

mdl060374
94 posts
msg #73641
Ignore mdl060374
4/18/2009 3:39:14 PM

ok thanks I will look into it. That at least gives me a place to start, and maybe dial my timing in. Trading the rights things at the right times.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Strong or weak stocks that dont really care what the market is doing.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.