StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · close 2 days ago is 2% or more higher than the close 3 days ago?<< >>Post Follow-up
jbesr1230
28 posts
msg #53783
Ignore jbesr1230
8/2/2007 7:19:50 PM

What would the filter terminology be to identify stocks where the close 2 days ago is 2% or more higher than the close 3 days ago?

I tried:
Show stocks where Close gained more than 2 percent between 3 days ago and 2 days ago

This did not work.

Thanks
JB

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53785
Ignore nikoschopen
8/2/2007 9:08:00 PM

Fetcher[
Show stocks where Close 2 days ago gained more than 2 percent 3 days ago
set{chg%, day change 2 days ago}
add column close 3 days ago{close(-3)}
add column close 2 days ago{close(-2)}
add column chg%
]

jbesr1230
28 posts
msg #53837
Ignore jbesr1230
8/4/2007 7:48:04 PM

Thanks nikoschopen. That is a very clean set-up.

I thought I'd try a slight variation and substituted Low for Close in the filter code. Results were not accurate. Would you post code using Low that works? And maybe the reason why Low does not work in the code which code works for Close?

You've provided good answers and explanations on this message board since I've been here. Thank-you.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53839
Ignore nikoschopen
8/4/2007 10:41:53 PM

So, if I'm not mistaken, ure looking for stocks that have moved at least 2% from its previous close to the low of the day. That is, the distance between yesterday's close and today's low must be 2% or greater.

Fetcher[
set{diff, Low 2 days ago - Close 3 days ago}
set{ratio, diff / Close 3 days ago}
set{chg%, ratio * 100}
chg% above 1.99

add column Close 3 days ago{Close(-3)}
add column Low 2 days ago{Low(-2)}
add column diff
add column chg%
sort column 8 descending
stock is not otcbb
]

When you use a qualifier like "gained more than", I believe (although I'm not sure) it applies only to the close. Hence I modified the filter to get around that restriction.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · close 2 days ago is 2% or more higher than the close 3 days ago?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.