StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · i got the explosion breakout filter almost figured out-need help<< >>Post Follow-up
MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #84659
Ignore MARY4MONEY
modified
12/18/2009 2:32:37 PM

stock is optionable and weekly rsi(2) above 30 and set{mm,weekly macd(2,3,1)} and mm below 0 ------and weekly rsi(2) below 15 within last 4 weeks-how would you write this last part here saying you want the weekly rsi(2) to be <15 sometime in the last 4 weeks and at the same time have it above 30 now---this will get you into stock right near the weekly macd(2,3,1) o point- the explsion point is when it crosses above the 0 line-thanks lerogee THIS TYPE OF FILTER FOUND RIMM S BREAKOUT--LOOK AT STEC AND NITE-- WHAT YOU WANT TO FIND IS A FLAT BOTTOMED WEEKLY RSI-2 THAT SUDDENLY SHOTS WAY UP WITH A BIG POS DIVERGENCE- WHERE THE WEEKLY MACD(2,3,1) IS JUST ABOUT TO COME FROM THE BOTTOM THRU THE 0 LINE-

straken
469 posts
msg #84662
Ignore straken
12/18/2009 3:22:40 PM

Here is one I use thats similar..... edit to your desire

Fetcher[
show stocks where close is between 8 and 300
and weekly RSI(2) is below 20 for the last 4 days
and RSI(2) is below 5
and optionable
draw weekly RSI(2) on plot RSI(2)
add column RSI(2)
add column weekly RSI(2)
draw Bollinger Width Oscillator(20,2)
draw Bottom Linear Regression Line(45,1.0)
draw EMA Envelope(25,6.0)
and Bollinger Width Oscillator(20,2) is above Bollinger Width Oscillator(20,2) 1 day ago
and compare to ^SPY
]

cabogordon
88 posts
msg #84667
Ignore cabogordon
12/18/2009 6:19:31 PM

straken

great filter. do you use it ?

straken
469 posts
msg #84678
Ignore straken
12/18/2009 11:32:31 PM

cabogordon 12/18/2009 6:19:31 PM

straken

great filter. do you use it ?

Yes, for daytrading options. Works best in a confirmed uptrend and on the rebounding OPRA stocks and IBD watchlists that I have. What results the filter hits on should be watched for continued strength the next morning of course.

drmohdali
7 posts
msg #84680
Ignore drmohdali
12/19/2009 12:29:58 AM

hi straken
what indicators u used for confirmation of uptrend..and what does ORAm stand for....Have u thought about starting option subscribing serivce

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #84688
Ignore trendscanner
modified
12/19/2009 9:27:32 AM

this might work

Fetcher[
set{mm, weekly macd(2,3,1)}
set{WC, count(weekly rsi(2) < 15, 4)}
optionable
weekly rsi(2) > 30
mm > 0
WC > 0.5
add column WC
]

SF is having problems drawing the charts from this filter for me this morning. Maybe a problem with IE.

One thing about weekly rsi(2) is that it changes throughout the current week depending on what the daily rsi(2) is doing. So you usually don't know until the end of the week whether it's up or down that week.

MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #84690
Ignore MARY4MONEY
12/19/2009 9:50:43 AM

to know exactly where you are use thinkor swim.com- and read them live- for istance the dia hit its low rsi-2 daily at 4.2% yesterday

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #84691
Ignore chetron
modified
12/19/2009 9:57:09 AM

@STRAKEN, I DON'T WANT TO JINX YOUR SETUP, BUT YOUR COMPARE TO ^SPY ISN'T WHAT YOU THINK. IT WOULD BE BETTER EITHER TYPE "SPY" OR "^INX". WHAT INDEX "A" IS, I HAVE NO IDEA.

HTH

Fetcher[

show stocks where close is between 8 and 300
and weekly RSI(2) is below 20 for the last 4 days
and RSI(2) is below 5
and optionable
draw weekly RSI(2) on plot RSI(2)
add column RSI(2)
add column weekly RSI(2)
draw Bollinger Width Oscillator(20,2)
draw Bottom Linear Regression Line(45,1.0)
draw EMA Envelope(25,6.0)
and Bollinger Width Oscillator(20,2) is above Bollinger Width Oscillator(20,2) 1 day ago
and compare to ^INX

]

straken
469 posts
msg #84693
Ignore straken
12/19/2009 12:37:17 PM

@STRAKEN, I DON'T WANT TO JINX YOUR SETUP, BUT YOUR COMPARE TO ^SPY ISN'T WHAT YOU THINK. IT WOULD BE BETTER EITHER TYPE "SPY" OR "^INX". WHAT INDEX "A" IS, I HAVE NO IDEA.

Chet,
I dont think you could jinx anything, thanks for the heads up. That string is not part of my usable filter, got posted by mistake.
I was reading another thread about about advances and declines and was trying some SF comparative measures.

I was poking around www.marketvolume.com and perusing the A/D ratios and sentiment there which really looks a little interesting and may be useful as if its stockfetcherable. I was going to attempt to fetcherize something tonight using the NYSE or NASDAQ A/D index measures here if I can gather enough data between some me time and trips to the mall.

If you get the chance to scurry over to that site, let me know if you think its doable.

straken
469 posts
msg #84696
Ignore straken
12/19/2009 12:57:57 PM

hi straken
what indicators u used for confirmation of uptrend..and what does ORAm stand for....Have u thought about starting option subscribing serivce

Subscribing service?..Ha, not with my record this quarter. If I would follow my filters I might have better luck. RIMM put me back in the black for this quarter. I missed 9 out of 12 on retail.
OPRA are stocks with a one dollar strikes like BAC WDC and some with 50 cent strikes. Most of them move well on IV and are good for daytrading.
My confirmations are a few things. I use the scrolling market movers list at scottrade to see current High of days while I'm watching the results of my scans on TOS, and IB. I trade with all three and a compliment of filters I've built and many I've found here. Just browse around for term "market direction"

Just a FYI, most subscriptions are a crock of feeders. They will have several levels some called elite and use the lower end people to push the option price for the elites to make money and once in a while they will throw you a bone and soon after try to upgrade you to a "better program".

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · i got the explosion breakout filter almost figured out-need help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.