StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · my explosion point trading filter is off the charts-buys in ah right now<< >>Post Follow-up
MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #84827
Ignore MARY4MONEY
12/22/2009 5:48:47 PM

buy right now in ah yrcw and crbc-- in ther last 6 weeks the follwing stocks have made 33%- 100% moves dptr cenx dal amr pcbc ioc and 33 other stocks- yrcw is right below the 0 line on big buying today at at +60% buying and crbc is at 80% buying today with a 9 million sharebuy in ah

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #84830
Ignore trendscanner
12/22/2009 9:23:38 PM

CRBC - out of 13 million shares traded today, 9.5 million shares were traded as a single buy block at 4:29 PM in AH.

Somebody's doin' a lil' accumulating......

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #84854
Ignore trendscanner
12/23/2009 11:36:53 AM

Bought some CRBC near the open today. Up some already this AM, so looking good so far.

Will put in a trailing stop and raise it each day until I get stopped out.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #84874
Ignore gmg733
12/23/2009 3:29:22 PM

Trendscanner,

Greetings! Where are you getting your block data?

Thanks and regards,

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #84889
Ignore trendscanner
12/23/2009 6:58:05 PM

gmg733, you can find info on buys/sells at http://investorshub.advfn.com/

When you go to the website, look near the top and you'll see a link to "Trades". Click it, it will open to a new page and load a Java program. If you're Java isn't current, you might need to update it for the page to work properly.

Once the page loads, type the stock symbol you're interested in into the box and the most recent trades will be displayed as well as a running total of all trades that day (total buys, total sells, and unknown).

When a trade is made, if it happened at the bid, it assumes it was a sell. If it was at the ask, it assumes it was a buy. If it happened in between the bid/ask, it assigns it to unknown.

For free, you get delayed data and you can only see the most recent trades that are displayed on the page. Can't get previous info about individual trades although maybe that might be available with a paid account.

If you go to the Market Watch After Hours page (http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/stockresearch/screener/afterhours.asp), at around, say 5:30 to 6 PM, you can see which stocks have had the most volume so far during after hours. If you see one that looks interesting, you can then go to the advn site and see whether there is more buying or selling happening. I think that under some situations, this could provide a tradable edge.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #84890
Ignore gmg733
12/23/2009 8:17:00 PM

This could be a huge advantage if you could see the whole day time period and you had some screens you could do. Like Look at 65% skew and check it against one of the stat scans on SF.

Thanks for the help. I was looking at advfn the other day and just didn't take the time to understand the data due to external forces.

MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #84895
Ignore MARY4MONEY
modified
12/23/2009 11:56:49 PM

qqqqq

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #84910
Ignore trendscanner
12/24/2009 10:50:13 AM

CRBC making a nice move up this morning.

M4M - what does qqqqq mean?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #84915
Ignore chetron
12/24/2009 12:06:52 PM

QQQQ = " I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND, I DON'T WANT TO SHARE THE GOOD STUFF WITH YOU, ONLY WITH MY PAL, BRYCE." = D

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · my explosion point trading filter is off the charts-buys in ah right now<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.