StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anywhere here is there a nice long list of short filter phrase examples? And a question to start off<< >>Post Follow-up
tgoo426193
19 posts
msg #127316
Ignore tgoo426193
modified
2/13/2016 10:00:06 AM

Question - When renaming a column, I found a post that you do the following:
If I want it short & sweet heading for the word "Volume", I insert this = {vol}
OK, that works great as such. Here are 2 questions then that I haven't figured out.

(1) I used capital letters and they always appear in lower case above the column. Any input??
(2) If I want to stack 2 longer words, to keep the column narrow, how do I do that?
The program default stacks long words in headings and also uses capitol letters, so I guess it's possible

Oh Yes, and a nice list of short phrase examples, (other than those rather lengthy ones at the Example link above), would be super!
So far I've found many short, handy, phrases within filters built by others, such as divider lines for the columns. Who woulda thunk??? But anyway, that's the kind of stuff that I'm talking about.
That stuff won't show up in a search as such because you must go thru 100 of posts to try and find what you have in mind if you try and do a word match

Oh, how about adding color. Say a red separator line between the columns instead of just the default black, or "key column" values hi-lighted in color for quick reference? I think I've used something similar to the following to do that in other programs = (#009900 )

Thx in advance!!

four
5,087 posts
msg #127317
Ignore four
modified
2/13/2016 2:27:11 PM

Manual: [found under Tools]
http://www3.stockfetcher.com/download/sfuserguide2_0.pdf

Indicators and Measures: [found under Tools]
http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Indicators

Filter-Phrases: [found under Tools]
http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Filter-Phrases

FAQ: and contact StockFetcher Direct (Bottom of the pages is a link for Contact Us):
http://stockfetcher.com/sf/search.php?q=&filter=help&sort=

tgoo426193
19 posts
msg #127320
Ignore tgoo426193
modified
2/13/2016 4:34:43 PM

10-4 four! Got yer links loud & clear my friend, & thx so much. I did send a question to the contact address recently and I have gone thru the manual. I was hoping there might exist, an alphabetical list of terms and whatnot that one could just visually scan thru and pick out key words and new features in a jiffy. I saw the examples in the manual and I can just page thru it to find items, or look in the index.

With the above in mind, I don't think I saw, for instance, the little trick on how to add lines between the columns in the manual. I believe I saw that randomly while reading a post, and obviously the text was self explanatory, so I tried it and it is a nice feature. I'm not sure how often the manual has been updated with info, but I do see forum postings a dozen years old, so I thought maybe a quick list may exist that is easily updated with new terms and examples. The column lines are something I never would have thought of, as such, I never would have even looked for it. However, had a description been within a simple list, I'm sure it would catch the eye as you scroll down the list.

Also, in my original post I had a few comments/questions about columns, color, capital letters, column heading etc. Nothing is mentioned in the manual about those. The question I ask by email recently was if I could delete the basic columns or rearrange them. Your staff member was going to hand that over to tech to see what was up.

I have only some simple scans thus far, but will have more ideas I'm sure. While I have you on the phone, four, do you have any input on those column questions in the original post?

Super job SF team & keep up the good work!

four
5,087 posts
msg #127321
Ignore four
modified
2/13/2016 4:59:59 PM

believe the manual has not been updated in some time... probably won't be (my guess)
if you get stuck, keep asking for help like you already did (in the forums)
do copy and paste answers you get from StockFetcher for all to read
that's it for now...

Also try:
http://www.stockfetchery.blogspot.com/

welcome

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #127324
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/13/2016 9:00:56 PM

One might also try and use code by Yepher.
Code by Yepher.

tgoo426193
19 posts
msg #127326
Ignore tgoo426193
modified
2/14/2016 3:03:43 PM

Checked out that Yepher link. Looks like a lot of stuff pasted from SF manual and then updated I guess. Last update was in 2007 if I read it correct. I have no clue what the "Stockfetcher command search" is for on the right side of the window??? Over my head a mile...

Thx to all!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anywhere here is there a nice long list of short filter phrase examples? And a question to start off<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.