StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Candlestick patterns - Why is my filter showing different results than the Default?<< >>Post Follow-up
gquinting
2 posts
msg #106510
Ignore gquinting
6/3/2012 9:30:06 PM

I'm trying to figure out why when I try to input a filter that I created from scratch to show a particular candlestick pattern I get different results from the default command from Stockfetcher.

Here is my attempt at creating a Matching Low reversal:

Show stocks where close 1 day ago was below open 1 day ago
and open is above close 1 day ago
and close equals close 1 day ago

Today when I run it (5/3/12), I get 42 results. They look accurate, all are matching low. I'm not even describing a downtrend here for the setup, which I imagine would produce even fewer results.

Then if you run the stockfetcher default: pattern is Bullish Matching Low , I get 51 results. When I look at the results, I don't see that all of them are Matching Low. Some of the results from the Stockfetcher screen don't look like Matching Low to me.

I'm new to Stockfetcher, not new to tech analysis, and hoping I can get some help. I'm trying to create about 8-10 candlestick patterns that I've always traded on in the past and am looking for some guidance.

Thanks!

Glenn

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Candlestick patterns - Why is my filter showing different results than the Default?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.