StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Dynamic Ignore List: ignore stocks matching a filter<< >>Post Follow-up
sshymko
9 posts
msg #125622
Ignore sshymko
modified
10/16/2015 7:13:49 PM

I'd like to discuss a case when an investor is willing to concentrate on stocks with certain characteristics only. Stocks that don't match these criteria should be excluded from all the filter results. For instance, an investor may want to discard penny stocks, stocks with low volume, stocks traded in certain markets, etc. Actually, the conditions can be as complex as in regular filters.

Ignore List does allow to exclude stocks with certain symbols. However, the list is static and requires a user to type in symbols manually. It is not feasible to maintain large lists manually.

The desired solution would be to have dynamic Ignore List(s) based on arbitrary filter(s). Account > Settings > Ignore List describes a way to generate an Ignore List based on filter results. However, that feature is nowhere to be found. Even if it did exist, it would produce a static list frozen in time. Ideally, it should be a dynamic list evolving with the market.

Thanks in advance.

four
5,087 posts
msg #125624
Ignore four
modified
10/16/2015 7:44:16 PM

For instance, an investor may want to discard penny stocks, stocks with low volume, stocks traded in certain markets

Stocks that don't match these criteria should be excluded from all the filter results Save the filter that excludes
--- ---

NOT

http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/General-Discussion/Using-Not/57006/-1/57019

Filter Phrases

http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Filter-Phrases

Markets (Limit to or Remove)

http://www.stockfetcher.com/help2/Stocks-of-a-market-NYSE-NASDAQ-ETF/100249

sshymko
9 posts
msg #125627
Ignore sshymko
modified
10/16/2015 7:53:18 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I know how to code a filter that would exclude some stocks through the NOT/OR/AND conditions.

The question is how to apply those conditions globally to all the filters rather than copy-paste it from one filter to another.

sshymko
9 posts
msg #125629
Ignore sshymko
modified
10/16/2015 8:21:25 PM

I was actually able to find a way to globally apply conditions to all filters -- Account > Settings > My Filters > Global Filter. The only problem it does not work :( It literally has no effect on My Filters...

four
5,087 posts
msg #125630
Ignore four
10/16/2015 11:30:55 PM

http://www.stockfetcher.com/sfhelp/

Send a request to SF.

sshymko
9 posts
msg #125632
Ignore sshymko
10/17/2015 1:52:59 AM

@four
Reported the issue. Thank you.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #125633
10/17/2015 7:19:30 AM

Hi,

Make sure you click the next to your saved filter - it should appear enabled: .

Let us know if you still have problems with the global filter.

Thanks,
StockFetcher Support

sshymko
9 posts
msg #125650
Ignore sshymko
10/19/2015 5:40:18 PM

@stockfetcher

Okay, I tried enabling/disabling the Global icon and refreshing the filters. It doesn't seem to have any effect.
Neither the marked filter applies to the rest of the filters, nor Account > Settings > My Filters > Global Filter applies to the marked filter itself.
Should I expect something else to happen?

Thanks

sshymko
9 posts
msg #125651
Ignore sshymko
modified
10/19/2015 5:44:25 PM

Actually, looks like the globe icon makes the saved filter honor Account > Settings > My Filters > Global Filter.
However, the global filter does not seem to work if it contains global variables.
Once I removed the variables it started to work as expected.

Thanks

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #125652
10/19/2015 5:47:24 PM

Hi,

Feel free to send us an email at support@stockfetcher.com with any steps to reproduce the problems you are encountering (including the exact global filter text with global variables).

We'll be happy to take a look.

Regards,
StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Dynamic Ignore List: ignore stocks matching a filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.