StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to? program the Wishing Wealth main Market Timing Signal<< >>Post Follow-up
lvainik
52 posts
msg #102720
Ignore lvainik
9/26/2011 10:49:41 AM

For the last 5 years I have been reading http://wishingwealthblog.com/ for general market timing (It's Free).
I think it's sensible and nimble.

See his article http://wishingwealthblog.com/2005/04/the-wishing-wealth-general-market-index/

One of the keys of his approach is are the strongest stocks getting stronger or weaker?

He uses a filter to ask which stocks > $1 which hit a 52 week high 10 days ago and whether those same stocks are higher 10 days later.

He requires a number of 100 new highs and successfully higher 10 days later to be a successful signal.

Is there a way to get a "count" of how many stocks hit a new high 10 days ago and now carry a higher price?

Thanks!

wantonellis
155 posts
msg #102728
Ignore wantonellis
modified
9/26/2011 2:26:22 PM

straken
469 posts
msg #102733
Ignore straken
modified
9/26/2011 8:59:15 PM

Maybe this is what your asking for. I've had way too much good whiskey tonight to fully comprehend what I'm writing now.

Fetcher[
set{high, close * 1.00}
set{10high, new close 10 day high}

draw high on plot 10high
add column high
add column 10high
add column newhighs
set{newhighs, count(high equals 10high,100)} > 0

close > 1
volume > 3000000
do not draw newhighs
set{var1, high - 10high}
add column var1
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to? program the Wishing Wealth main Market Timing Signal<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.