StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I only Want to Know ONE Thing ....<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #79314
Ignore karennma
9/15/2009 4:13:56 PM

When's the correction?
Does ANYONE have any indicators that predict THAT?
I mean, for pete's sake!
This up, up, up everyday is getting MONOTONOUS.
Where's the excitement????
Geesh!!

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #79315
Ignore luc1grunt
9/15/2009 4:23:09 PM

the excitement is in the predictable daily trend swings. Ride the wave karen. Market doesn't give 2 shits about "what should happen"!!!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #79318
Ignore karennma
9/15/2009 5:22:29 PM

luc1grunt:
"Predictable"? Really?
What's your best "predictor"?
How about 2?
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #79320
Ignore karennma
9/15/2009 5:33:06 PM

I guess I don't find the market "predictable" because I DON'T "trust" the market.

(+.+)

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #79333
Ignore chetron
9/15/2009 9:23:02 PM

WHAT IF THAT PART OF THE FED BAILOUT WAS GOLDMAN SACHS CAN'T SHORT THE MARKET FOR 1 YEAR?????

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #79336
Ignore trendscanner
9/15/2009 9:54:43 PM

LOL!, that's funny. It's also a damn good explanation for the market rise too --- except for the inconvenient fact that it's GS (their alums in high places, at least) that tell the Fed Govt what to do, not the Feds telling GS what to do.

I still subscribe to the theory of the market waiting until as much slow or sidelined money as possible has entered before it drops. It's often seems to know exactly how to cause maximum pain to as many as possible when least expected. I'm sure if I put my 401k money into some Fidelity funds right now, it would sink rapidly.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #79340
Ignore karennma
9/15/2009 10:27:48 PM

chetron
- chetron 9/15/2009 9:23:02 PM
WHAT IF THAT PART OF THE FED BAILOUT WAS GOLDMAN SACHS CAN'T SHORT THE MARKET FOR 1 YEAR?????
==============================================================================================

Now, THAT IS interesting.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #79341
Ignore chetron
9/15/2009 10:30:38 PM

; )

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #79354
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
9/16/2009 6:59:29 AM

Karen, I say "predictable" in the waves throughout intra-day. Trend is up, long on the retraces. Nothing special, no indicators, price and volume. Swings and position trades involve WAY too much gambling IMO at this point in time with the current market. Be in a position to capitalize in the final hour of the day. If we are congesting, bracket the channel and execute once it makes a move. If it reverses without hitting the target, get out.

Ability to adjust is the critical piece. I'm not claiming perfection, but although I remain an uberbear, I sure as hell am not short regardless of by bias.

Edit: should have noted: OR trades (breaks) have been consistent and remain my most consistent trades for the past few months. That was not the case a year ago.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79360
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/16/2009 8:53:30 AM

I would have thought that it would crash the day after I sold all of my SDS, QID, and DXD!!

Oddly it didn't. Well there is a first time for everything.

Personally, I do not think we will see a downturn this week, because of options expiration. Next week is possible, but not before.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I only Want to Know ONE Thing ....<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.