StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there the opposite of the "BETWEEN" action function (i.e., Outside Brackets)?<< >>Post Follow-up
jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #65525
Ignore jimhbutton
7/28/2008 2:31:35 AM

In the Stock Fetcher Filter Builder there is a "between" action function. I am looking for a function opposite of "between" that allows me to simultaneously INCLUDE totals less than -.99 and greater than +.99. In other words, while dealing with certain ratios I want to EXCLUDE, at the same time, every quantity returned from StockFetcher greater than -.99 and less than +.99. As an example I include my latest failed attempt:

and %DropRun1 is less than -.99 or greater than .99

I have exhausted every conceivable phrase that I could come up with. I am calling upon the Higher StockFetcher Powers for deliverance!

Thanks for giving this a shot.

jhb

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #65676
Ignore guru_trader
8/1/2008 12:42:56 AM

Fetcher[
/* Create a SET command for each criteria ... you can have many */
and set{pct_drop, count(price dropped more than 1 percent over the last 1 day,1)}
and set{pct_gain, count(price gained more than 1 percent over the last 1 day,1)}
and add column pct_drop
and add column pct_gain

/* Combine criteria to get the results you desire = Boolean logic for "OR" ... thanks to TheRumpledOne and others */
and set{both_gain_or_drop, pct_drop + pct_gain}
and add column both_gain_or_drop
and both_gain_or_drop equals 1

/* if you want to visualize when your criteria was met */
and draw both_gain_or_drop

/* use the following format when looking for stocks that met both criteria */
/* and both_gain_or_drop equals 2 */
]

More info here ... http://beta.stockfetcher.com/sfhelp/?id=100318&isiframe=&isiframe=

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #65794
Ignore jimhbutton
8/4/2008 1:18:56 AM

Thank you guru.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there the opposite of the "BETWEEN" action function (i.e., Outside Brackets)?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.