StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Prophet.net users<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62185
Ignore karennma
5/5/2008 9:02:02 PM

Tim Knight (the founder/creator of PNet) is doing a survey of prophet.net users.
Go to www.slopeofhope.com if you want to participate.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62189
Ignore karennma
5/5/2008 9:13:58 PM

The survey is for anyone who wants to participate.
Here's what he says:
"The present idea I have is to relaunch Prophet as trading platform for chartists. So you'd be able to trade directly from Prophet"

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62191
Ignore nikoschopen
5/5/2008 10:06:25 PM

Tell him to work on the idiotic data lags first. When the market gets hectic, their data falls behind by as much as 1 hour!!!

What make s ya think they can route ure order any faster?

No thanks!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62192
Ignore karennma
5/5/2008 10:25:51 PM

Niko:
I hope you did the survey and told him that.
Their service sucks eversince he sold the company.
And they've made no improvements.
Maybe he knows that .. that's Y he's doing the survey.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62194
Ignore nikoschopen
5/5/2008 10:53:46 PM

I brought it to his attention at least 6 months ago and the problem still lingered until very recently. While I didn't see any noticeable delay on the day of the FOMC meeting last week I'm still not convinced just yet considering the fact that they practically screwed us for so long. Moreover, from what I know, they were on more than friendlier terms with the cstomers of ThinkorSwim (the brokerage arm of Investools, the acquirer of Prophet.net). For instance, they provided ProphetChart to those folks long before it became available to us. What kinda crap is that? Unfortunately I'm stuck with their 2-year prepaid thang. But I definitely plan to bail out after that.

marine2
963 posts
msg #62226
Ignore marine2
5/6/2008 1:09:41 PM

Why not ask Stock Fetcher if they couldn't design their system for trading? Why work in two sites when Stock Fetcher could be the "do-it-all" system for all of us.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62229
Ignore nikoschopen
5/6/2008 1:29:57 PM

That's because not many of us prefer to trade using EOD data. Plus, have you forgotten the useless maxim, "it ain't WHAT you use, it's HOW you use it, damnit!"? lol

marine2
963 posts
msg #62301
Ignore marine2
5/7/2008 5:28:00 PM

Keep reminding me, and even at my age I just might learn that fact.

lfrisch
27 posts
msg #62307
Ignore lfrisch
5/8/2008 12:13:06 AM

If you want reliable REAL TIME service, try www.madscan.com The service ROCKS!!! They are also suppose to be adding the ability to load symbol lists right from the csv file. So you can load you stock fetcher symbols into it. Use promo code lfm100.

Let me know you thoughts on it. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #64410
Ignore karennma
6/27/2008 12:49:36 PM

FYI ...
for anyone who wants to participate ..
They're doing that "survey" on PNet today.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Prophet.net users<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.