StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Show only the first 3 stocks returned by a filter<< >>Post Follow-up
psheridan050
52 posts
msg #56890
Ignore psheridan050
11/20/2007 6:31:30 PM

Is there a way to make a filter remove everything but the top three each time the filter is run? For instance say I ran a filter based on RSI being overbought. I want to see the top three stocks (with the RSI in descending order) emailed to me without displaying all 2000 of them. Two lines in the filter would look something like this:

Sort by column 5 descending
Show only the first three stocks based on column 5

This example used RSI but I want be able to use these extra lines in all my filters without having to customize it. I could easily say something like “show stocks with an RSI(14) >90” but this would only work with just this one filter and it might return more then 3 stocks. Plus, the amount the stock must be > is a constant that I don’t want to identify. I just want the first three every time I run the filter.
In real life I am only going to be trading three stocks per filter each day. Sometimes my filters return 7 or more stocks and these clogs up the email I get every day from StockFetcher. Limiting my filters to displaying only 3 stocks would also help in the custom backtesting that I run.

lvainik
52 posts
msg #57132
Ignore lvainik
11/28/2007 8:05:27 PM

take a look at ave. volume and specify
volume > 900,000 to weed out most etc.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Show only the first 3 stocks returned by a filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.